No More Euro TRs Until We Get Home?

Tony Crocker

Administrator
Staff member
I wrote the first Engelberg TR while in transit to Morzine yesterday. Unfortunately in Morzine I’m unable to login to FTO because all 3 browsers on my computer say it’s an insecure site. I can login on my phone but of course there’s no way I’m going to load a bunch of pics that way or cut and paste the TR I wrote offline.

Liz suggested trying the lean Opera browser to get past the login difficulties. As you can see that was mostly successful as I just posted the first day from Engelberg.

However, Opera also shows FTO as being insecure and makes me login again every time I edit or add a post.

Liz believes the insecure link being flagged is the fault of the Morzine hotel WiFi. We had no issues in Engelberg or Andermatt and the WiFi here is also slower. Liz has noted a lot of variability in Euro hotel WiFi and says St. Moritz wasn't that great either. I was recovering from my cold there and perhaps not using the computer much.

The Hotel WiFi is surely the culprit. Once I put my phone on the WiFi, it wouldn't let me log in to FTO either.

James said he has experienced this problem a couple of places in Europe.

Back