Snow Report for Gulmarg (Himalayas!)

Powdercat

The mountain received a good fall a couple of weeks ago and an English journalist phoned me last week from London to say he was able to ski the full gondola vertical (+1300 vertical metres) in late November.

Forecast is for the current storm to dump ONE METRE of snow at mid-mountain in 3 days.

If you are interested in joining myself and the Kashmir Powdercats team at an untouched resort where a decent snowfall means it is measured in metres, see http://www.skihimalaya.com

Cheers
Peter Robinson aka Powdercat

PS - arrangements for the international patrol and grooming team for this coming winter have been finalised. The team Ski Himalaya put together for the Jammu & Kashmir Government is led by fantastically well credentialled industry veterans who work year round in snow safety/avalanche control roles - northern winters in the USA Rockies/Sierras and southern winters in New Zealand's North and South Islands.

PPS - The Kiwi who will lead Gulmarg's Kassbohrer grooming team this winter has over 30 back-to-back winters of grooming experience - including over a decade of winters teaching other groomer drivers in Japan.

After my frequent complaints to admin about misposted topics, he gave me the power to move them on the new format forum. The first time I'll leave the marker in the original location. For repeat offenders I do not leave a marker.

Nice to see the report though. From the data I received last year I recall that November was the driest month at Gulmarg, and March/April the wettest. I'll be interested to see the report from Extremely Canadian's first trip with clients in early February 2007.

Back