Brevent & Flegere, 3/6/05

Chromer

Bluebird day (at first). Caught the second tram car of the day up to the piste Charles Brozon. Nice snow just off-piste there. Here's Lobstah on a south-facing aspect:

charles-bozon.jpg

Here's me after a north-east facing pitch:

bitez-moi.jpg

And the reasons for that, 20 seconds prior:

didntsuck.jpg

pow.jpg

That was literally 30-60 feet off the groomed piste. It didn't last for very long though.

Not long after that it started to cloud up a bit and bands of snow moved through for the rest of the day, sometimes heavy, sometimes light, and sometimes with a bit of sun. We managed a nice picnic lunch in the middle of one of the bowls. Just shoveled out a cozy snow bench below a small tree, and sat on our packs in the sun with some sausage and bread and beer. Best lunch view in the valley too:

lunch-view.jpg

After lunch we headed over to Flegere and skied under the Index chair, skiing very soft moguls by braille in heavy snow. We came across some rather intersting on-trail signage:

shrinkage.jpg

I dunno... I guess it did get a little steep for a short distance, but I didn't feel anything retracting.

Some interesting little terrain puzzles heading down the the valley just off the home run. Nadine was making them look easy:

pylons-droite.jpg

Interesting note: Saw more telemark skiers today than in all my previous days in France combined. They were everywhere, and they were all after MY snow. Bastiges.

Having a wonderful time, wish our online ski-friends were here.
-Chromer and LobsterTeleGrrrl

Chromer":1es0cdj7 said:
We came across some rather intersting on-trail signage:

"Doesn't she know about shrinkage??!!"

Chromer":1es0cdj7 said:
Having a wonderful time, wish our online ski-friends were here.

Thanks for taking time out to send your dispatches! Make a few turns for us.

Back