It's that time of the year to start dreaming - opinions

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding anywhere in the southern hemisphere: New Zealand, Australia, South America, etc., including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

re: It's that time of the year to start dreaming - opinions

Postby Tony Crocker » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 am

I browsed the snoventures site, and it looks like they market the same resort, off-piste and backcountry focus trips as Powderquest.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,610K in 2016-17
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Re: re: It's that time of the year to start dreaming - opini

Postby Patrick » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Snoventures.com wrote:The resort daily buses from go through Las Trancas just outside each of the hostels, you just flag the bus down as it is passing.(...)
I only caught the bus once to come back from the mountain.

What does this mean? There are no buses at the end of the day (or rare), just in the morning? Or bus are full and you decide to hitch a ride? I heard a horror story on TGR regarding bus at Termas late in the season.

Snoventures.com wrote:Yesterday Portillo told me they have nothing in the lodges in early September so you may wan to check that out before you leave.

You scared me this morning... :(

I received an email from Portillo later this morning (sent one last night) confirming that they have room at the Inca or Octogon, although they don't accept reservations less than one week at this stage. But found out that they do accept shorter stays if there is room left on week before. Anyway, that part of the trip is now solved thourgh someone else, I just to decide on the first week. :P
Patrick

Previous

Return to Down Under