Chilean Adventure (the novel) - 2 weeks in Aug/Sept 2007

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding anywhere in the southern hemisphere: New Zealand, Australia, South America, etc., including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

re: Chilean Adventure (the novel) - 2 weeks in Aug/Sept 2007

Postby Tony Crocker » Tue May 13, 2008 1:21 pm

You will probably be in Chile yourself before Patrick posts any more.

I suggest you review my reports from VN group, Portillo and Arpa in 2007, salida from Portillo in 2006, Geoff from Chillan in 2006, and Geoff from VN group and Chillan in 2005.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,610K in 2016-17
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Re: re: Chilean Adventure (the novel) - 2 weeks in Aug/Sept

Postby Patrick » Tue May 13, 2008 9:58 pm

skibum4ever wrote:I'm hanging onto your every word, and I need more words, and especially more pics!

Don't despair Barbara. :oops: My Agosto 31 text is sitting on my computer, I just need to choose the pics. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait just a bit longer, heading to Montreal tomorrow night.

Tony Crocker wrote:You will probably be in Chile yourself before Patrick posts any more.

Actually, it's a strange coincidence, I started looking at it yesterday now that I have more time (ie. the Canadiens are out of the playoffs, not skiing as much, plus I'm probably glued at home the next two weekends - payback time I guess). Anyway, the forum was busy the last few months, so I didn't see the urgency of working on this report on South America. I going to see The Cure in Montreal tomorrow night, but by this weekend, I'll should be able to put up the next chapter in this novel. ;)

For the rest, the main ideas have been written since last October. Lucky, because I would have forgotten some of the details by now.
Patrick

Postby skibum4ever » Wed May 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Patrick, it's hard for me to write a TR even weeks, let alone months, after a trip. In CO I try to post every couple of days. I won't be able to do that in SA, I know, so we'll see how I do with my TR in August or so.

Tony, I have read all the SA TRs, some several times. But there's always room for one more, and like yours, Patrick's is among the newest so his and yours are especially relevant.
skibum4ever

Re: re: Chilean Adventure (the novel) - 2 weeks in Aug/Sept

Postby Patrick » Fri May 16, 2008 10:03 am

HA!!! :shock:

No, it's not the long await update. The text for Agosto 31 is pretty much done and I've narrowed down the pic to something like 15-17. I'll try to cut that number by a few. :oops:

skibum4ever wrote:Patrick, it's hard for me to write a TR even weeks, let alone months, after a trip.

I have a very good memory of details and stuff. I wrote the main ideas last September, maps and graphs were pretty much all done before I left for Colorado. However once the snow started falling, I didn't have as much time (at home or at the computer to write this TR) as I would have wished. I guess you have to make choices in life. :wink:

Choosing and posting a limited amount of pictures is another hard part.
Patrick

Postby skibum4ever » Wed May 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Well, I would choose skiing over posting a TR every time.

My friends who don't ski understand that I am not available from November to May - this year I will not be available until August. :D
skibum4ever

Previous

Return to Down Under