Catedral, ARG - Sept 5-6, 08

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding anywhere in the southern hemisphere: New Zealand, Australia, South America, etc., including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Re: Catedral, ARG - Sept 5-6, 08

Postby rfarren » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Is catedral in Bariloche? I was in Bariloche during the summer but not during the winter. It looks similar, but I'm not sure with all that snow.
Rob
rfarren

Re: Catedral, ARG - Sept 5-6, 08

Postby Patrick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Tony Crocker wrote:Snow unreliability calls for not booking until snow is on the ground and probably sticking to August.

I've never disagreed with that approach. I just disagreed about that fact that I should have been in LL instead of where I went. Anyway, if all goes as planned, I would have hit all of SA major ski areas except one by the start of season 2009-10.

rfarren wrote:Is catedral in Bariloche? I was in Bariloche during the summer but not during the winter. It looks similar, but I'm not sure with all that snow.

Yes, it is. Cerro Catedral is a city bus ride away. Beautiful place...Bluesfest has started, but I'll still have some pic for my last 4 days in Argentina to post (ski at Cerro Bayo then a few from Bariloche and Buenos Aires).
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
http://madpatski.wordpress.com
Patrick

Previous

Return to Down Under