Atomic Theory skis

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

Atomic Theory skis

Postby berkshireskier » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Has anyone skied on Atomic Theory skis? There have 130-95-119 sidecut dimensions.
My local ski shop has a pair of Theory demo skis left over from last season (2012/2013) that they are selling for a great price - $335 with bindings. Skis are in excellent condition and the bottoms and edges look pristine. Would probably cost over $700 new with bindings. These are 177 length.
I currently ski on Volkl SuperSport All Stars that are about 72 underfoot and 178 length and really designed for just skiing on groomed, hardpack and ice. I thought it might be nice to have a second, more versatile ski for those rare days in the East when we do get some fresh snow or for skiing in crud or on mashed potatoes in the spring. I would also use when I ski out West.
The skis have seemed to have gotten good reviews but I'd like some first-hand reports, if anyone has skied on these.

I'm 6'2" and 190 and a fairly strong skier. I don't know if 177 is the right length for me or not.

Thanks.
berkshireskier

Return to Snowsports Equipment