BD JETFORCE AIRBAG PACK RECALL

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

BD JETFORCE AIRBAG PACK RECALL

Postby Skidog » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 am

Dont know that we have a specific "Gear" or "tech" talk area, and im only posting this here Admin or Crocker can choose to add it to other locations, but i felt if anything it fit best in the western forum.

https://www.wildsnow.com/17525/jetforce ... k-diamond/

Ive always liked the idea of the Jetforce, but also could never get past, what i consider, its limitations. Its kind of an age old debate. Mechanical (air cylinder) vs. electrical (fan, etc.). Sure there can be mechanical failures too, but at a rate id suspect is much lower than electrical. This recall proves to me that i'll stick with mechanical in the near term. Software bugs that can cause stuff to not work correctly in life or death situations is not something im going to mess with.

I applaud the recall, and the design. Im just personally not ready to put my life into a battery, a fan, and some software.
M
Woof Woof ;)
Skidog

Re: BD JETFORCE AIRBAG PACK RECALL

Postby Tony Crocker » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 pm

skidog wrote:Dont know that we have a specific "Gear" or "tech" talk area

Snowsports Equipment???

The attractiveness of the electric fan is due to the air travel hassles. Airline security does not allow full compressed air canisters. And I suspect it may not be that easy in remote mountain regions to find a scuba shop to fill it near your destination.

But the point is well taken. For locals backcountry skiing in their home regions most of the time and perhaps even for the Euros living within drive distance from the Alps, the compressed air cylinders should do just fine.

I was not aware the compressed air systems were lighter than the electric fans. I might have guessed the opposite.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,610K in 2016-17
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Re: BD JETFORCE AIRBAG PACK RECALL

Postby Skidog » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Tony Crocker wrote:
skidog wrote:Dont know that we have a specific "Gear" or "tech" talk area

Snowsports Equipment???

The attractiveness of the electric fan is due to the air travel hassles. Airline security does not allow full compressed air canisters. And I suspect it may not be that easy in remote mountain regions to find a scuba shop to fill it near your destination.

But the point is well taken. For locals backcountry skiing in their home regions most of the time and perhaps even for the Euros living within drive distance from the Alps, the compressed air cylinders should do just fine.

I was not aware the compressed air systems were lighter than the electric fans. I might have guessed the opposite.

agreed on travel issues. ABS more difficult than BCA Float system. Scuba shops and most firehouses can fill BCA canisters.

Actually liked Western NA forum better as the audience that might see it might be wider and have many more users...do as you see fit my friend.

M
M
Woof Woof ;)
Skidog

Return to Snowsports Equipment