Ski goggles

redsnapper

I'm comparing 2 models of ski goggles from Smith, the only difference is this:

"Articulating Outrigger Positioning System " on the Fuse Regulator goggles over the Rhythm Regulators. It makes it $30 more expensive ($85 vs $55).

Can anyone explain this greek to me?

By the way while trying to find a pair I find it baffling the range in prices. Obviously Oakleys are Oakleys. But then there are Uvex ones selling for $29, and you wonder how they compare to other ones in their brand - could it just be old models?... and how it compare to other brands.

I'm guessing that term is marketing-speak for an articulated hinge that pushes the strap away from the face to maximize compatibility with various helmet openings.

Frankly, when it comes to goggles my mindset is "cheap is good, cheaper is better" as long as it has a double lens and ample ventilation. That way you can view them as disposable when you inevitably scratch or crack them.

One bit of advise I can offer is purchase a pair with lenses with a pinkish colour lense as opposed to the ones with orange coloured lenses . Orange is great for sunny clear days but on overcast days with flat light conditions the pink coloured lense is a help with showing relief on the trails .

I just picked up some Oakley Widsom Goggles Satin Silver w/ Fire Lens for $60. I'm not a big one for brands/looks - more for funtion, but at that price I couldn't resist.

marc philosophy is on point. i don't think i could bring myself to pay more than $30 tops for goggles and have, on a few occasions scratched as low as i could go for $14 and had no difficulties. helmet compatability should be your biggest concern. try them on and bring your helmet and go for the cheapest pair possible. i really like my current goggles, but it leaves a small crack of skin exposed on my forehead that gets cold on the particular frosty days. when it is really cold, i have to switch to a hat instead of helmet which limits my choice of terrain as i don't do woods without a helmet. go cheap and make sure it fits the helmet.

Back