Advice so bad, it's hard to believe

Especially enjoyed the part about turning things 1/4 turn here or 1/2 a turn there when your skis blow off your feet.

That whole thing is laughable. Ski's don't need to be wax, you don't need sharp edges, it's gotta be a joke ...

:shock: Are they talking about SNOW skiing?
I'd love to get a lesson from these clowns to hear what they have to say. "now make sure you try to pull out of all backward twisting falls" or "don't worry about mouguls,just stiffen your whole body and keep your hands in back of you" :lol:
((*
*))NHPH

I am speechless... :-&

You can always refer this website to people you really dislike who don't much about skis.

](*,)
:roll: :lol:

This whole thing is unbelievable. If someone were to try I don't think that they possibly could put together a bigger piece of crap. I really hope no one has blown up a knee by following their binding technique.

There is an email at the bottom. Anyone wanna send them a note telling them there info is crazy. Like mentioned before it could be dangerous for someone who does not know much to follow their advice.

While the guy is cracked regarding binding adjustment and perhaps a few other things (I kind of lost interest after a few paragraphs), as a former shop technician with ten year experience, two instructor's clinics, and volunteer patrol work, he's right about ski manufacturing, boot fitting, binding design, and waxing/tuning.

90% of all recreation skiers get no added benefit from waxing or sharp edges. Modern bases are mostly so hard and dense that on particularly cold days you ski the wax off in a couple of runs anyway.

Similarly, if you can't make your skis carve, which is again about 90% of all recreational skiers, sharp edges aren't going to make one bit of difference.

Bindings design from manufacturer to manufacturer is nearly identical with the exception being Salmon and Rossignol (Look) toes and Rossignol (Look) heals. Marker once made the best all-around system with the M series toes and Rotomat heals. While their toes are essentially the same, I've never understood why they discontinued the Rotomat heals. That honor today for most thoughtful design goes to Tyrolia.

I think this guy's site, though this isn't made clear, is aimed towards recreational skiers.

This outfit is a classic bottom-fisher. They are not interested in helping you, they are only interested in moving gear to people who care only about price and don't know/care about the details called skiing.

The frontpiece is just marketing poohie to suggest to the newbie that they know what they are talking about. If you shove out enough advice, you must be credible, right? :roll: (now why would you go on and on about trying out boots over several hours, then have the b*lls to sell you a set of used boots sight unseen?

Where else can you buy a complete set of gear for $188? My garage perhaps... Where the h*ll does this stuff come from anyways? It does look like one of those "it fell off the back of the truck sales".

Well, he's got an audience. If, as he says he's been in business for many years, then he's selling equipment that frankly don't give a d*mn about that equipment. For all we know, they buy it for decoration.

Gottalove a free market economy!

Do you think this guy skis?

To mold boots to your feet: turn your boots upside down over the forced air heater vent all night long.

Dang! Having just invested weeks of on-snow testing and grinding to get my ultra-narrow, low volume feet fitted properly in a pair of Head NR-97's, I realize that I could have saved all that time by just reading this advice and cooking them overnight on the heating register.

At first glance ?The Great Ski Lecture" read like the fractured information found in a poorly translated VCR instruction booklet. Then, I remembered a know-it-all co-worker who once became interested in skiing. He read extensively about skiing, became the penultimate expert, and would incessantly offer authoritative advice about every aspect of skiing. Humoring his enthusiasm, I invited him to join our ski club at the beginning of the next season. He declined, citing that skiing was extremely dangerous. Nevertheless, he continued to offer his fractured ski advice at every opportunity.

I hope that the poor writing at this website will alert any enthusiastic novices to the low value of his information.

Cheers,
Jeff

Back