AT Binding Mount in New England

riverc0il

decided i was definitely getting into AT gear this year. skis are on the way and freerides will be soon as well. i know most shops do not handle AT gear. in a matter of fact, i have talked to several shop techs and gotten dumb looks when asking about AT gear. so i am really concered about mounting the freerides. i am too nurvous about screwing something up to do it myself, don't really have the tools any ways. looking to have someone that knows the gear really well do the mount. where can you recommend in new england, with preference towards the shortest ride from boston, to mount an AT binding? i believe bob smith's wilderness house in boston does AT gear, but i am open to dropping them off at a shop in the mountains with guys that eat, sleep, and breath this stuff to ensure a proper job.

also, i have noticed a lot of folks recommend mounting AT bindings 1cm or so forward of the standard point. your thoughts on that and is that something i could request from a shop tech doing the mounting?

The Fritschi will come with a template for mounting and any ski shop thats mounts bindings should be able to do it. The only thing they wont be able to do is load test it. If you still ant to drop them off in the hills then try Rageed Mountain Sports,IME,or Stan and Dans. All in N.Conway.
((*
*))NHPH

Back