Atomic 9.28

JohnInGolden

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/5/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Anyone ever ski the Atomic 9.28? I have a line on a great pair and was wondering how they were off the course.

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/6/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I've just recently put my 9.28s on snow (less than a full day's experimentation) and find them to be amazingly fast, yet fairly verstile & forgiving. They're quite tolerant of back-seat driving (as in "full tuck") since they don't have much sidecut on the _outeside_ edges from the binding block back. (They don't twitch and carve uphill like say, a K2-Four will). <BR> <BR>On hard snow/ice they're excellent- ferocious edge grip. But they're longitudinally soft- I bet they're even OK in the moguls (haven't had the opportunity) given the differential sidecut. (You won't get airmailed across the fall line should you get in the back seat like you will on a MegaCarv/X 6.24 or SCX or worse.) Yet, tip one on edge...stand on that ski and... <BR> <BR>Yeeeeeehhaaaaaaawwwww-!!! It's like putting the pedal to the metal in your Ferrarri!! It's not tough to carve them hard enough on groomed snow to drag your palms snowboarder style. <BR> <BR>Doubt they'd be your first pick for skiing deep snow, but they're soft enough to handle it. I'd say they're a pretty damned nice all-mountain cruiser ski for people who enjoy a bit of speed, and can pay attention to the speedometer when they have to. They're responsive enough at low speed, but unless you pay attention you often end up at mach-3 anyway- kind of a banana-peel effect- pay attention or you'll be hangin' onto the rear bumper with both hands grinnin' ear to ear and screaming like a banshee! <BR> <BR>dana

Back