Ski Racks

kasper1382

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 12/2/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>i have a thule flat top for my jeep grand cherokee. once it is on my roof, can i drive through a car wash.......or is it best to take off? thanks

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 12/2/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I've got a Yakima system. Quite frankly, I wouldn't run it through a car wash although it would likely be alright. More probable is that the car wash personnel would insist that you remove it. <BR> <BR>When I had it on, I'd always go to one of the self-serve bays. You can do a better wash there, anyway, especially in the winter when you can use the wand to thoroughly clean the salt from the undercarriage, wheel wells, suspension, etc.

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/10/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I know the official manual says to remove the rack or hand wash....but I've run my Thule system with a 6 pair ski rack in the summer and two bike racks in summer with no problem so far. I ran it through one of those systems with the rotating brushes and had nothing wrecked. Not according to the instructions, but very convenient.

Back