Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Head, Nordica, Blizzard or Elan

• Snowboard

• Total voters

NHpowderhound

What do you guys/gals ride the snow on?
I'm on a pair of Atomic Beta Ride 9:22 w/a Diamir Frichti A/T binding setup that rocks!Great all moutain board with enough surface to kepp me afloat on Jay's deepest days!And when the wind is keeping the summit lifts down ie;loading the trees,I can unlock the heels,stap on the skins and get the goods in the woods!
((*
*))NHPH

Good question :

If I correctly remember :

- Some old Rossignols from early 1970s
- Some old Atomic from the early 1970s

They're the perfect skis to go anywhere without be scared to break them :)

Atomic Beta Ride 9s as well.
grew out of them somewhat

so i invested in

Elan M12 Fusions

Very good skis the both of them, The elans a bit more versitile, but I still love the atomics when im hiking or not doing the same old

If only I could vote more than once. I just picked up a pair of 190 atomic tm-24's for my in area hardpack skis. I plan on using my 183cm karhu dharma's in the backcountry and may break out the line skogen sprangs at some point during the season if I feel like skiing a day with my heels locked down. So I guess thats a vote for atomics and 2 votes for line cause kahu and line are the same company and karhu's not on the list.

Volant Power Ti most of the time

Volant Chubb for cat/heli or big powder days

I still have old skinny Rossi 7XK's which I use for SoCal local skiing on just snowmaking and even older Rossi 3G's for rock skis

Thus the Power Ti's rarely encounter rocks or even much hard snow. At 73mm. underfoot they were one of the widest all-mountain skis available in 1999. Now they are at the narrow end of the spectrum.

I use Salomon Scream Xtra Hots as my everyday ski. I have several other pairs in my quiver.

Here are the skis still in service and skied on in 2003-04.

Atomic Beta Race SL11 (157cm) - 2002 (slalom skis)
with Atomic binds (sorry, not sure what they are called)

Atomic Beta Race 10:22 (183cm) - 2001 (general good conditions skis)
with Atomic binds (?)

Fels Skis (202cm) - 1999 (skiing with my daughter ski or all conditions)
with Marker M48R (1990)- remove them from 7G - 1990

Rossignol 7Sk (yellow ones) (201cm) - 1993 (rock skis - MRG - probably dead)
with Marker M46R (1986) used to be on the 4S, moved them when ski were finish.

Rossignol 4S (207cm) - 1986 (rock ski - MRG)
with Marker M46R (1988), moved binds from the old rock skis (7S - 1990) when these where brought back into action.

My rock skis are finish and the Atomic 10:22 aren't not the best all conditions skis, so I am getting some Rossignol B1 - 176cm this Fall TO GO CRAZY are not worry to much about *&?(&? my skis.

I'm on a pair of Völkl 7 24 Pro 184 cm's.... just got em this past season, theyre pretty nice and wide underfoot (77mm). They turn really solid and clean, but you need to stay on top of them in the bumps, because they dont appreciate laziness...

-Sven

I'm on a pair of K2 She's Piste telegrrrl skis with G3 titanium bindings. I really like the flower graphics :wink: They're sweet in most conditions, except ice. For icy days I have a pair of Atomic TM 18's. No flower graphics though :cry:

I'm hoping to scoff a pair of K2 Dawn Partol telegrrrl powder skis this season, with the new G3 bindings and a pair of skins to fit.

I used to tele Volkl G3's. I couldn't believe the difference when I switched to a woman specific tele ski though. I never thought I'd be convinced, but I am. It's all about the ski flexing the right amount in the right place. Amazing. I ski much better on my K2's than I do on my Atomics.

Maybe it's the flowers :D

no ski! snowboard.

Never Summer 165. T5. my backup everything board. used to be my baby. love it!

getting another NS. i think it's gonna be the 163 Legacy.
or a Unity board if i can find one. 2 yr war on the Unity, 3 yr war on NS.
will be my everything board, but focus will be big mtn freestyle this year.

rock board. one stiff ass MLY EX 163. got it for cheap. hate it, so i beat it up.

got one other board, but i just like the looks of it. it's to pretty to get rid of. oxygen supercross 164

oh, almost forgot my one and only........split. custom made Never Summer splitboard.
Legacy core with premier topsheet graphic. length 166, waist 26.2cm.
a bit heavy, but it's dam near perfect.

a great question, as it provides insight as to the posters on the board we all know by name , but not necessarily personally. and becasue i am in the market for new sticks ( see this sad story below )
i've worked 4 pairs for the last 2 years.. but read on before anyone thinks i'm loaded...
most of november and some of december i am on a pair of volant womens sl skis with salomon s912ti bindings,,, i would guess the skis were about 8 years old when i bought em brand new at building 19 2 years ago fo $19.95...i think they are about 175 cm and are as straight as an arrow... i like em early for a few reasons... 1) they cost 19.95 :) and as a result, i don't have a heart attack when raking them over early season ice chips and rocks... 2) they force me to make the turns right out of the gate so i immediately know if i am faking the turns by being back and relying on the sidecut... no love in these skis that's for sure... they are flexible enough to bump in but have some snap to recover on the backside.. i have had em for 2 years and frankly, am surprise i have not bent them with the metal and all ... they are super quick edge to edge... i think they are about 60cm under foot... negative?... i don't think i could hang with river and some of the speedsters at cannon , that's for sure :D
my main ski is/was a fischer lunar 181, 2 years old w/ had a modified twin tip... these had tyrolia td8's on em...it was until this past summer in whistler where i bent them... they are bent so badly that i have written them off as firewood... on day 8 of camp this past summer, ryan johnson ( retired canadian ski team member looked down at them and said, " dude, how the hell are you turning those things " !!!!! :roll: ) they were a great ski cause after about 6 weeks on the volants, the lunars and their 90-63-84 sidecut felt like carving skis.. good snap and good torsionally so they good open up a little and run and not feel out of control...thinking about buying them again
once spring hits, i've been pulling out a pair of k2 mambas, 175... i found this bad boy at the ocean state job lot about 5 years ago.. it was a japanese made ski that somehow made it over here... glen plake filled me in on this when i had him sign it at the boston ski show 5 years ago...a pure spring corn bash masher... super thin like the volant but not as steady if you run it.... it's getting pretty beat up and might be on it's last legs... has a salomon s912ti on it
i also have a salomon 1080 twin tip ski.. it's going on 4 years old now.. it think it was the 2nd year model of 1080....i use this as my powder ski and when i got it, i think it was considered a fat ski... which i find funny because today it is probably considered about average.
( what my 3 other skis would be considered today i can't even fathom :roll: ) i think it's about 107 in the shovel, which to me looks monstrous... i love it in powder cause it , relatively, has little side cut to it and gives me plenty of float.... it may be 4 years old but it probably only has about 30 days on it, the reasons of which are obvious to those of us on the right coast... this has a pair of 2 year old salomon s914 ti on it.
amusing anecdote- last may, on what the g man and i thought was going to be our last trip to the mighty K in early early may :evil: , i had a suspicion that my lunars were about to poop the bed, as they say... i had pretty much been hitting them for 2 years hard on rock solid bumps with my less than solid rock solid bump technique :oops: . we knew K was about to poop the bed the week before so we figured we would hit freds freeride onthe access road and see what fast freddie was trying to clear out for mogul skis, like he does every year... well, as i posted last may, that last trip turned out to be an early funeral with no skiable line at the supastar... and unfortunately, no fast freddie in town.. fred had shuttered the windows and headed out south to north carolina in search of large waves...so it was a double whammy...and for me it really bites because 99% of stores do not carry / stock bump skis.. fred is one of the only one that does...they will all get em for you, but they special order them... and there is no haggleing, u can be sure of that, on price :cry: ....i find it extremely painful to pay 400 or 500 bucks for bumps skis that i know i'm gonna beat the crap out of in 2 years :shock: ... but oh well, what can you do... and for anyone who was wondering, yes there were some bump skis available out in whistler but there were no discounts!!!!! and because i am cheap, i figured i would roll the dice and see if freddie has anything sitting in the basement in a few weeks, from last year!!!!
we can all say now that NEXT MONTH you can get turns :) !!!!!!

a great question, as it provides insight as to the posters on the board we all know by name , but not necessarily personally. and becasue i am in the market for new sticks ( see this sad story below )
i've worked 4 pairs for the last 2 years.. but read on before anyone thinks i'm loaded...
most of november and some of december i am on a pair of volant womens sl skis with salomon s912ti bindings,,, i would guess the skis were about 8 years old when i bought em brand new at building 19 2 years ago fo $19.95...i think they are about 175 cm and are as straight as an arrow... i like em early for a few reasons... 1) they cost 19.95 :) and as a result, i don't have a heart attack when raking them over early season ice chips and rocks... 2) they force me to make the turns right out of the gate so i immediately know if i am faking the turns by being back and relying on the sidecut... no love in these skis that's for sure... they are flexible enough to bump in but have some snap to recover on the backside.. i have had em for 2 years and frankly, am surprise i have not bent them with the metal and all ... they are super quick edge to edge... i think they are about 60cm under foot... negative?... i don't think i could hang with river and some of the speedsters at cannon , that's for sure :D
my main ski is/was a fischer lunar 181, 2 years old w/ had a modified twin tip... these had tyrolia td8's on em...it was until this past summer in whistler where i bent them... they are bent so badly that i have written them off as firewood... on day 8 of camp this past summer, ryan johnson ( retired canadian ski team member looked down at them and said, " dude, how the hell are you turning those things " !!!!! :roll: ) they were a great ski cause after about 6 weeks on the volants, the lunars and their 90-63-84 sidecut felt like carving skis.. good snap and good torsionally so they good open up a little and run and not feel out of control...thinking about buying them again
once spring hits, i've been pulling out a pair of k2 mambas, 175... i found this bad boy at the ocean state job lot about 5 years ago.. it was a japanese made ski that somehow made it over here... glen plake filled me in on this when i had him sign it at the boston ski show 5 years ago...a pure spring corn bash masher... super thin like the volant but not as steady if you run it.... it's getting pretty beat up and might be on it's last legs... has a salomon s912ti on it
i also have a salomon 1080 twin tip ski.. it's going on 4 years old now.. it think it was the 2nd year model of 1080....i use this as my powder ski and when i got it, i think it was considered a fat ski... which i find funny because today it is probably considered about average.
( what my 3 other skis would be considered today i can't even fathom :roll: ) i think it's about 107 in the shovel, which to me looks monstrous... i love it in powder cause it , relatively, has little side cut to it and gives me plenty of float.... it may be 4 years old but it probably only has about 30 days on it, the reasons of which are obvious to those of us on the right coast... this has a pair of 2 year old salomon s914 ti on it.
amusing anecdote- last may, on what the g man and i thought was going to be our last trip to the mighty K in early early may :evil: , i had a suspicion that my lunars were about to poop the bed, as they say... i had pretty much been hitting them for 2 years hard on rock solid bumps with my less than solid rock solid bump technique :oops: . we knew K was about to poop the bed the week before so we figured we would hit freds freeride onthe access road and see what fast freddie was trying to clear out for mogul skis, like he does every year... well, as i posted last may, that last trip turned out to be an early funeral with no skiable line at the supastar... and unfortunately, no fast freddie in town.. fred had shuttered the windows and headed out south to north carolina in search of large waves...so it was a double whammy...and for me it really bites because 99% of stores do not carry / stock bump skis.. fred is one of the only one that does...they will all get em for you, but they special order them... and there is no haggleing, u can be sure of that, on price :cry: ....i find it extremely painful to pay 400 or 500 bucks for bumps skis that i know i'm gonna beat the crap out of in 2 years :shock: ... but oh well, what can you do... and for anyone who was wondering, yes there were some bump skis available out in whistler but there were no discounts!!!!! and because i am cheap, i figured i would roll the dice and see if freddie has anything sitting in the basement in a few weeks, from last year!!!!
we can all say now that NEXT MONTH you can get turns :) !!!!!!

I'm on Volkl 6 stars right now and I love them, but i'm not brand loyal...before them I was on Rossi's. Elan's K2's and Volants at one point or another.

I am on Volkl 6 stars. They are absolutely perfect for the way I like to ski. Lots of fast carving.

Atomic 10:ex's with Freerides.
K2 Axis gathering dust; was supposed to be my rock ski, but b/c setups are always rock skis, so we'll have to see what becomes of them.

Back