Ski Binding Covers

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

Ski Binding Covers

Postby D Nimon » Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:42 pm

Hi.... <BR> <BR>I like to use binding covers rather than a ski bag for my skis when they are on my car rack and I'm going a relatively short distance. <BR>The problem is that the new bindings (with built in risers) makes it impossible for my old covers to fit over the bindings. <BR>I can zip two binding covers together to sort of do the job...but wonder if anyone has a lead of a location (on the net, maybe?) I can contact which does carry larger binding covers. <BR>Here in Toronto, such a thing is IMPOSSIBLE to find. <BR>Thanks.
D Nimon

Ski Binding Covers

Postby off2ski » Tue Jan 16, 2001 10:42 pm

I had the same problem with mine, and as weird as this sounds you can use a ski boot gator as binding covers. Check for the ones that have the snap/elastic ends with the velcro side closures and you are set. They are waterproof too and a little tougher for wear than normal binding covers. If you need too, a quick piece of elastic can be used. Try it and let me know if it works for you-It has worked for me here in Washington State!
off2ski

Ski Binding Covers

Postby D Nimon » Wed Jan 17, 2001 7:28 am

Found a place on the net that carries the covers. The toll free number is 1-800-I-SNO-SKI. Their covers were just a bit longer than the ones I had so I could use one per ski to do the job. Thanks for your idea, though. May use it in the future.
D Nimon

Ski Binding Covers

Postby Chet P » Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:23 am

I have been trying to find the company SunDog ,Inc <BR> <BR>They make bags and have a really "neat" design for <BR>a ski binding cover . <BR> <BR>Anybody out here that can help ? <BR> <BR>Thanks
Chet P

Return to Snowsports Equipment