Line Bindings

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had any experience with the new Line bindings? I am especially curious about the feeling of stability underfoot, and how easy they are to re-mount with the switchplate.

i don't ski, but someone i was with recently was rocking some Line ski's.
after seeing what happened to his ski and how it fell apart, if i was a
skier, i wouldn't buy anything "Line".

we were riding around JH, not dropping any cliffs or anything, and not
riding all that hard..........at the end of the day when we were taking his
ski's out of the rack we noticed a huge impact on the edge of a ski. bent
edge, chipped out base material and the ski was starting to delam.
splinters. he said he didn't know when it happened but felt like he was
hitting things here and there during the day. that's all fine and dandy, but
to have an impact like that one, it shouldn't have happened
just riding around like we were.

maybe you've had good luck with Line products.........maybe you're not
riding hard enough. :wink: jk. i would look elsewhere, but that's just
me.......if i were a skier, and if i knew what i was talking about. :roll:

LINE skis are 100% handmade in Cowansville, Qc, Canada. They are extremely well made. I visited the factory and they have the right equipement to manufacture good skis... after all, they're manufacturing a lot of Burton snowboards over there... mayhe you should stay away from Burton too then!

The bindings have been in developpement for 3 years at least. They are really different from the normal bindings. They put less strain on your knees.

I think they're great! But i've never tried them... i saw all the early work of them and also saw tests on various other bindings and i think like got something to hold onto!

(they were rumors that a big binding company wanted to buy the LINE technology to make it their own!)

hamdog":3eei6k9q said:
he said he didn't know when it happened but felt like he was
hitting things here and there during the day. that's all fine and dandy, but
to have an impact like that one, it shouldn't have happened
just riding around like we were.

I respect what you are saying here but i doubt that this is specific to Line hardware. It is possible that he got a bad ski sure. Every manufacturer will make a bad board now and again, it is impossible to completely avoid. My point is I have seen equipment from many great manufacturers fail under odd circumstances. I personally have busted skis from Rossi, Fisher, Salomon, and Dynamic. Some times I knew it the moment i did it because I stuffed it into a bump or a tree. Other times I have had skis blow out a rail and I had no idea why or what I did. My point is equipment failures happen. Think of the forces that are put on a ski even under normal operating conditions. Your buddy should try to send that board back to Line and see if they will replace it. I've had that work before but not every time.

i bought a pair of line ski's (assassins) and a pair of those shitty bindings, well heres the story, i picked them up friday nite cuz i wunted to go shred for an hour that nite, so i hit up like 3 runs cuz i wasnt in the mood, then i had a lesson saturday so i was wearing my old skies except for 3 runs i took on those lines that day, then on sunday i took them out for a total of 9 runs that day, hitting the table on my way down every run, but that was all i hit, and after landing my binding ripped appart and my ski almost slid away, so i got those replaced, got another pair of line bindings, skied on them 2 days and they snapped the exact same
the whole back sheered right off the plate, heres a tip THEY USED 8 SCREWS FOR A REASON! DONT TRY THISE 4 HOLE B.S.

THANX :D :twisted:

Here's my take on line bindings... They have an amazing warranty replacement setup... Thats probably about it... Granted I LOVE my line Invaders, and i have had them for 4 seasons so far... First season i had an issue with these so called bindings, i managed to shatter the front of the bindings. Warranty replaced very quickly. Season two: front end of the skis were peeling apart at the tips and splintering, again replaced. End of that season, bindings shot again. Third season went off without a hitch, but my 4th season first day on the mountain shattered bindings. I dont really jib much or hit the rails, i tend to stick to airs. And BIGGGGG airs. The bindings are very cleverly designed, easy to fit to boots if you need to swap em out for new boots, and very easy on the knees with the front and back pivots so that if your heels rotate they will release just like the fronts of normal bindings. This convienience lead to a cheap holding system. I hit a nice little 30 foot kicker landed WAY low, then the next jump in sequence a nice 45 footer, ski and all didnt want to come with me so i ended up bailing out. I would say stay away from the line bindings until the newer generations. you are better off getting a new set of lines without the easy 4 screw mount on the ski and mount a light binding. Oh yeah the bindings weigh a TON. They sit high and weigh way more than the ski itself and im skiing on small 161s. The only way i would recommend these bindings is if you have very bad knees, and dont go big airs. Landing low can lead to some fun trying to land on one ski on the next kicker... Fun fun!

Back