Quiver Expansion

salida

Well well, my quiver got a tad larger over the summer.

The first purchase was a well thought out Dynastar Legend Pro XXL (last years model) in the only size they come in 194 (measure more like 191 though). A large ski measuring 132-109-122 (almost a twin of the Goliath). Should be a blast on an epic east coast day or an average west coast day. Am going to be spending a month in WY in January, and this ski should supplement the quiver nicely. Plan to put solly STH 16's on them.

edit

salida":1qtwpvnq said:
Well well, my quiver got a tad larger over the summer..

Also snagged a pair of 197 Katanas with dukes on them. Should be a fun weapon for some real backcountry wilds...

Great score!! I tried to buy Duke's from our local ski shop. They have a bunch on order and other enthusiasts bought their stock before the store opened for the season. I'm on a waiting list now. The shop reports that the Marker has sold out this season's production run already.

Cheers,
Jeff

Holy crap. 197? I haven't skied something that long since 1999 in a 198! You may just never see someone with a wider ski in New England with those suckers. A fine pair of pick ups but damn aren't those two similar enough that you are doubling up a bit?

I am still on the hunt to expand my quiver with a soft snow east coast tree powder ski that is quick to turn, nimble, lively, and energetic. Based on written word, I think I may have found a winner with the Watea 94 but am holding out for a demo (and price reduction!). Karhu BC Jak is also looking promising (I can't help but think I'd rather have 100 than 90 since I am looking for a powder board). Voile Insane looks super nice but the sizing on those puppies takes a HUGE jump from the 170ish legnth to the 180ish length. Just not sure I need a shovel measuring at 140mm. *Sigh* so many skis, so few demos available on the east coast...

I skied the BC Jaks last year and frankly I couldn't wait to return them. If you like a damp ski you might enjoy them, but I found them to be dead as a doornail.

And Salida...nice scores!

My quiver expansion during the off season was a pair of K2 Mt Bakers, which I picked up for a song. I cannot find much information about them except that they have a couple layers of metal and an 88 mm waist, which seems to be characteristic of skis I've liked in the past. I'm setting them up for randonee service.

Jeff

Admin":2y1fpzq8 said:
I skied the BC Jaks last year and frankly I couldn't wait to return them. If you like a damp ski you might enjoy them, but I found them to be dead as a doornail.
Thanks for the heads up on the BC Jaks. I knew the regular Jaks were pretty damn but I had read good things on the BCs. Damp and dead are two things I am looking to avoid at all costs.

edit

however one is a BC item, the other lift served.

The XXL's with their beefy salomon binders will basically be something I can beat on, and ski at an aggressiveness and not pre-release from.

edit

Back