Rookie question

Pretty much the "forgiveness" of the ski. An expert ski will be torsionally stiffer, and require you to be a bit more on top of it to get it to perform. Think of it by comparing a typical American sedan with a high-performance European sports car -- the latter will have much tighter tolerances, and handle more astutely when driven by an accomplished driver on a twisty road, etc. The sedan will be more comfortable to drive, but will not handle as effectively when driven on curves at high speed.

That's the best layperson's analogy that I can come up with.

That is the best analogy to that question that I have ever seen. I hope you don't mind but I am going to use that one.

Ryan":xw3ilqv0 said:
That is the best analogy to that question that I have ever seen. I hope you don't mind but I am going to use that one.

I actually thought it was a bit weak, but hey...knock yourself out.

Admin":3pjfrfwl said:
Pretty much the "forgiveness" of the ski. An expert ski will be torsionally stiffer, and require you to be a bit more on top of it to get it to perform. Think of it by comparing a typical American sedan with a high-performance European sports car -- the latter will have much tighter tolerances, and handle more astutely when driven by an accomplished driver on a twisty road, etc. The sedan will be more comfortable to drive, but will not handle as effectively when driven on curves at high speed.

That's the best layperson's analogy that I can come up with.

Hmmm... So Marc, what does that make our Explosivs, Porsche Cayennes?

Back