ESS binding

skibumm100

I have a question about some bindings I own. I have a pair of barely used ESS bindings (now Atomic) that are mounted on an barely used pair of Rossi 4SK's. Both have been vacationing in my basement furnace room for the last 15 years. These bindings have the ability to easily be moved forward and backward on the ski. I normally wouldn't consider using a binding this old but they gotta be better than some of the worse bindings out today. Are these binding worth remounting on a newer pair of skis? Or should I leave them mounted and only bring them out on gaper day. But then I'd have to leave the Strato's home.

Man, you're a living ski museum, aren't you? Personally I wouldn't risk my limbs with those relics but just in case you feel otherwise inclined, be aware that the only person remounting those bindings will be you. No shop will touch them as they're no longer indemnifiable.

Yeah, I know they're old. I didn't realize quite how old until I started trying to figure out when I bought the second pair of 4SK's. I was still living in VT at the time and that was a looong time ago. I figured they weren't indemnifiable. I own a drill and epoxy so I think I'm covered on the installation. I was just thinking the adjustability would be handy on some of the fatter skis......just a thought. So many people mount their bindings forward or back of the line. Probably the best option would be to mount up some demo bindings that allow the same freedom of movement, though independently.

Nevermind.....there's no way I could get the brakes to fit a wide-waisted ski anyway. Wait...an epiphany.....I've still got leather runaway straps on the Stratos. :twisted: .......naaaagh.

Back