Boots for Big Feet

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

Boots for Big Feet

Postby ronin6 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:16 pm

I am stuck trying to find new boots. I wear a size 14 street shoe and my current boots are a 32. I am looking for a freeride boot with stiffness 100+. Ideally I was looking at the Lange 130, but its does not come in my size. Can anybody help by pointing me in the right direction for boots in bigger sizes at the specs I am looking for?
ronin6

re: Boots for Big Feet

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Check Daleboot - they've traditionally had large sizes available.

Oh, and a warm welcome to FTO Liftlines!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boots for Big Feet

Postby riverc0il » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:25 pm

ronin6 wrote:I am stuck trying to find new boots. I wear a size 14 street shoe and my current boots are a 32. I am looking for a freeride boot with stiffness 100+. Ideally I was looking at the Lange 130, but its does not come in my size. Can anybody help by pointing me in the right direction for boots in bigger sizes at the specs I am looking for?

My street shoe is 14 also and my boots are 30.5. You sure you have been correctly fitted for a ski boot? My ski boots are very much performance fit, but even non-performance fit would probably be 31.0 at the highest. The major boot manufacturers usually go up to 31.0 or so. Garmont only goes up to 30.5. 32.0 you are out of luck from the majors but with a street shoe size of 14, I am surprised you are in a 32.0 boot. Check in with a boot fitter about fitting to make sure that you have the right size. Some manufacturers size differently too, so it could just be the company you got your current boot runs very small. Last time I fitted a boot, Langes fit the least well on my big feet.
--Steve

TheSnowWay.com
"Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs
riverc0il

Postby ronin6 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Thank you for the help. I got back into the old boots and realized I did have some extra room, but not much. The new Atomics H 110 come in a 31.5. I am also going to try a few different makers in a 31 and see if any run generous. I will post back with how it goes in case any other bigfoots find themselves in a similar situation.
ronin6

Postby rfarren » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Seriously though, see a boot fitter. Its not just like buying a pair of shoes.
Rob
rfarren

Ditto previous!

Postby BigSpencer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:02 am

Ditto....see a boot guy. Size is one thing, volume is an additional issue.
Downsizing into a smaller size than your max-size choice, yet larger volume shell may fit much better as the liner packs out a little.....

$.01
Steve
BigSpencer

Re: Boots for Big Feet

Postby snowguru » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am

Give mysnowboardland.com a shot. there are all types of equipment there for all sizes.
hope this helps.
mysnowboardland.com
snowguru

Return to Snowsports Equipment