Need ski binding/boot advice!

Slinger

I'm looking to spend around $100-$150 US dollars on bindings and boots each for a pair of '05 K2 Fujative Twin Tips. I just picked skiing back up after an extended break and headed right for the terrain park. I was just on rentals and need something of my own. Can anyone recommend decent and inexpensive boot/bindings for freestyling?

Despite manufacturers furious protestations to the contrary, bindings are bindings. Pick something that you're in the middle of the DIN range of, and you're set. Sure, some will take a bigger bump before releasing than others, but the differences really are pretty minimal. More money generally buys you more metal and less plastic in the housings, but that's not a universal truth either.

Boots, OTOH. Boots depend on the shape of your foot, your weight, and your intended usage. To just spout out a brand or a model isn't going to be much help to you unless that boot just happens to fit your foot and has a flex appropriate to your weight and usage. Get to a ski shop, talk to the boot guy about what you want to spend and what you want to do in them. Maybe you get something a year or two old to hit your price, but so what, so long as they fit...

I'd reconsider your budget, maybe 200 for boots, 100 for bindings, however you still wont be able to get the performance you want, and with those prices your looking at last years used intermediates. If you can I'd say atleast 300-400 for the boots (new - still looking at last years models), or if you want to stay closer to your price range, look at used, I picked up a used pair of nordica beasts that were a year old for less than half of retail and atleast 100 for bindings, any old ones will do, however if your in the park alot I'd look at getting the line bindings (just read an article) that prevent acl tears on backwards twisiting falls, which cost somewhere betweeen 100 and 200. Otherwise all other bindings are basically the same.

Hrmm, well I'm 190, 5ft 10in and have a terrible time landing most of my jumps, I find myself leaning way back most of the time. Do you think a stiffer or more flexible boot would be better? I plan on spending a lot of time doing moguls and hitting jumps up at the terrain park.

stiffer is usually more advanced, however you need to go to a ski shop and GET FITTED. That is the most important thing with boots, more important then model or equipment level.

Back