Skis for kids

Patrick

Okay, I've been shopping around for skis for my 12 yo.

- she able to ski pretty much anything in the Eastern trail map on pretty much any conditions.
- she wants to try racing this year, but I manage to get her in a program which only has 15 days one day a week (expect for 4 races).
- she is small and light for her age.

Looking for a ski that can manage all of this... I know stuff about adult skis, but not much of skis at this age.

So the ideal ski would have to be good on hardpack and gates for kids. Kids in her program will do mostly GS, but a bit of slalom. She also need a skis that she can have fun in the bumps and glades at places like MRG.

I've had a few suggestions so far, but wondering if any here would have insights or suggestions.

The lenght of the ski I'm looking at is a 140.

Sorry Patrick. A couple of years ago I would have had a list of skis for you to take a look at, but since dropping off the coaching bandwagon 3 years ago now, I've re-allocated that portion of my memory to other things :lol: :lol:

Not sure if the "short Jr race ski" topic 10 or 15 posts below started by annamarie might help at least a little bit?

EMSC":qa9nl4dm said:
Not sure if the "short Jr race ski" topic 10 or 15 posts below started by annamarie might help at least a little bit?

Annmarief":qa9nl4dm said:
My almost 10 year old TRIES to keep her weight up to 60 pounds. After skiing on 120's for 2 years, she is moving to 130 GS Rossignol's this year (I was told they would flex more than some of the others).

Damn!!! :oops: I can't believe I missed it. Morgane is 60lbs and about 4'9". I was looking for a slalom and multi-event ski like the Dynastar Team Omeglass, however ended up buying a Salomon T3V which is a slalom. I'm a bit concern with the 140, but felt that the 125 that she had for 2 years was too small last season. We'll see.

I bought the T3V on Ebay about 2 hours ago. It's they are too long, I can always wait. The price was real good, so I didn't want to risk missing out on this pair.

Back