DIN Settings (Off Season?)

rfarren

jamesdeluxe":2avw6yvn said:
When you've dialed back your DIN settings for the summer, let's see how your season turned out.
I thought you weren't supposed to dial back your din settings for the summer.

Harvey44":1p1gz0b4 said:
What's a DIN setting? :wink:

It's something those with a complete set of bindings possess.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
mobile.png

jamesdeluxe":31saxjfb said:
Harvey44":31saxjfb said:
What's a DIN setting?
DIN stands for Deutsches Institut für Normung: the German Institute for Standardization. Now you know.

I just realized ... we now HAVE DIN settings in the Harv household.....

CBDynamic.jpg

Am I really supposed to loosen them?

What about these....

NeveBJ2.jpg

Harvey44":2d8fq2yo said:
Am I really supposed to loosen them?]
I have no idea if loosening them to "0" during the off-season actually helps extend their life, but it seems logical to me, so I do it.

jamesdeluxe":306xcqln said:
Harvey44":306xcqln said:
Am I really supposed to loosen them?]
I have no idea if loosening them to "0" during the off-season actually helps extend their life, but it seems logical to me, so I do it.

It used to be recommended back in the 70's and 80's but binding technology has improved and I've read in multiple places that you are not supposed to do that anymore as it can actually be harmful to the overall life of your bindings.

rfarren":1xb9n8tm said:
binding technology has improved and I've read in multiple places that you are not supposed to do that anymore as it can actually be harmful to the overall life of your bindings.
If you could post links to those articles, I'd appreciate.

Tony, could you separate the DIN discussion from this thread? Thanks.

Tony, could you separate the DIN discussion from this thread? Thanks.
Done. Should have done it before the original thread reached a second page, as current phpBB allows splits from only the currently viewed page. :evil:

Tony Crocker":jte3bjur said:
Should have done it before the original thread reached a second page, as current phpBB allows splits from only the currently viewed page. :evil:

You're just doing it wrong. Quit your public whining. :-$

admin":1z7apiaz said:
You're just doing it wrong. Quit your public whining.
You told me a year ago that I could only work on one page at a time. You have to split the new topic posts from each page (starting from the last one or it's even more tedious) then merge the split posts. So for an n-page thread it potentially requires n splits and n-1 merges to get the job done. If all posts in a thread were viewable/markable at once it would be just one split. If this procedure has changed I'd be delighted to be instructed accordingly.

Back