COTTONWOOD CANYONS SKI SCHOOL EXPERIENCES?

tdkeyes

Anyone care to share their experience(s) about the Alta, Snowbird, or Brighton ski schools workshops? Undoubtedly they're all good. As an advanced (lvl 8) skier am thinking of signing up for a Brighton Seniors 3 consecutive Fridaze Workshop. At $112 (incl. lift/morning group lesson if bought before 10/31) seems like a deal. I've got an altabird season pass, but thought it'd be nice to cruise Brighton for a change of pace.

Over the last 3 years I have taken the advanced moguls and all mountain clinics at Alta. My wife has taken the Beyond the Blues session. The instructors for these clinics were highly motivated and communicated technique extremely well. Although our lessons were scheduled to last 2-1/2 hours, they ran somewhat longer. The instructors cover a lot of the mountain terrain. Our lessons spanned across the Germania area, Ballroom, West Rustler, Stone Crusher, and East Greeley.

These clinics have changed our ski styles considerably. I really appreciate the high quality of the instruction at Alta and believe that their ski school is one of the best deals in skiing. The instruction is top notch and the prices are lower than lessons at the Colorado area schools. In the far past we have also taken lessons at Snowbird and Brighton. While our experiences with these ski schools were excellant and very good, respectively, our experiences with the Alta school stand out above the others.

Cheers,
Jeff

As many of you know, I spend a few days each March with a group who have had timeshares in Snowbird's Iron Blosam since 1981. While raising their families they had a firm rule that children were in ski school full time until age 13 or they reached level 9. Adam was 11 on his first trip with this group and he and the other 2 level 9 kids would still do one day of lessons on most trips.

My more reluctant skier Andrew would also show improvement in both skiing and snowboarding after lessons at Snowbird. Andrew had one lesson at Alta and liked that too. For regular ski school the only area Adam thought had better instruction than Snowbird was Jackson Hole.

Back