AT convert

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

re: AT convert

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:07 pm

JimG., take care with those liners on your Adrenalins. I've learned that Garmont North America doesn't have any separate liners for the Adrenalin yet, and likely won't any time soon.

Along with the scorching, the 25 is just going to be too darned small. If I keep going with the situation like it was last Thursday at Killington, I'll be less a couple of toenails come spring. I ordered the G-Ride's liners in a 25.5, and I'm told that they're slightly different from the Adrenalin's but should work out.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: AT convert

Postby JimG. » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:08 am

Admin wrote:JimG., take care with those liners on your Adrenalins. I've learned that Garmont North America doesn't have any separate liners for the Adrenalin yet, and likely won't any time soon.

Along with the scorching, the 25 is just going to be too darned small. If I keep going with the situation like it was last Thursday at Killington, I'll be less a couple of toenails come spring. I ordered the G-Ride's liners in a 25.5, and I'm told that they're slightly different from the Adrenalin's but should work out.

Thanks Marc; I tried mine on the first time this past weekend and I'm really glad I got the 27.5 and not the 27. My foot just barely snuck into the boots and they were TIGHT, but my toes had enough room to wiggle a bit. Once my bootfitter and I get to fitting them this coming weekend, they are going to fit just right.

We'll use a convection oven to heat the liners and hopefully avoid the scorching issue. Keith is a real pro so I'm confident we'll get it right. I'll probably ski the Adrenalins a few days before fitting the custom footbeds just to get them broken in a bit.

My initial impressions of the boot is all positive. I was particularly impressed with the overall stiffness considering just how lightweight these boots are! Even though they were tight, my foot was relaxed and comfy. Psyched!!!!!
Gravity-it's not just a good idea, it's the law!
JimG.

Previous

Return to Snowsports Equipment