Head i.XRC 1100 SW?

A

Anonymous

Hi, first time here. I'm looking at getting the Head i.XRC 1100 SW for this season. Everything I've read has been extremely positive about them. I'm still looking for a few more opinions though. Has anyone tried them? How do they ski, especially compared to the capped version?

Thanks

bought a pair and skied them for a camp I was at at copper mountain.

I have 6 stars also, but these 1100xrc's were just a dream. They brought a huge grin on my face. The way they progressively flex, go fast without getting any jitters, how they hold an edge, the ease with which they tip, just a joy.

(my 6 stars are for sell now)

There radius is right between a GS and a Salom which means they work for about any thing on real slopes.

I demo'd a pair Friday. I really liked them in the hardpack. Good edging, fairly stable at speed. I was at a 1000' vertical mt., so I couldn't get the GS speeds up (lots of posted speed limits, shall we say) to fully evaluate how stable they would be at high speed, but theny seemed firm enough. The only concern I have is the internal electronics. One more thing to break. Then what happens to the rigidity when it dies?

The only concern I have is the internal electronics.
are these the ski's with a computer chip in them that adjusts the flex of
the ski depending on the conditions? i've read about this "clever idea" in
my marketing book. this crosses the line. IMO. :roll:

Yes, that's the flex adjuster electronics. I suppose there's a battery that needs changing or charging. Something else to forget.

It reminds me of Mercedes-Benz. Lots of great technolgy, awesome when it works. Only problem is that failure rates of MB is extraordinarily high as result - more points of failure. Feels like another "fad" good for marketing. I'm much more concerned about the extreme environmentals (shock, temperature) that the electronics (and more importantly the wiring) would have. So what if the military designed it for helicopter blades? Don't need a space shuttle a-la-skis.

What's the next-best HEAD SKI?

Back