Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Every 10 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every 20 days

• Every 30 days

• Total voters
I'm curious to know how often people wax their board(s). Depending on where you read, it's anywhere from every 3 days of skiing/boarding to ever 20 days. I usually try to wax my boards every 10 days or so of use and get the edges re-tuned about every 20 days of use.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm assuming you're talking about hot waxing. That said, the answer varies greatly. Hard, cold snow will wear off wax much faster than soft or wet snow. Plus, different snow temps may justify a re-waxing long before it's due to be re-done, anyway.

Drip some water on the base. If it beads up well, the wax is still fine.

CO_knuckle_dragger":17mdmkgj said:
I'm curious to know how often people wax their board(s). Depending on where you read, it's anywhere from every 3 days of skiing/boarding to ever 20 days. I usually try to wax my boards every 10 days or so of use and get the edges re-tuned about every 20 days of use.

I never wax. I used to wax a lot when a racer and recreational speed person! I don't bother anymore. I get my skis waxed when worked on maybe every two years. I may wax in Spring with tne new spray on to reduce the drag! Oh, well. I am just a kick back skier and ski patrol now more interested in other things to do with my time and skiing than waxing. Even die hard cross country skiers I know quit waxing with their season passes at Royal Gorge! :)

I wax depending on how much I ride. Usually after every third or fourth day. I like to do the edges then as well. Always a 2 degree bevel and ONLY wax with bluebird.

maxxy":18p6pb62 said:
It depends also on how much I ride but I see to it that I wax my board regularly and properly.

Here's a few info:

WAXING A SNOWBOARD

Maxxy, I'll let that one slide as it links to useful info, but please don't use our boards solely to promote your own website (I had to delete another post of yours moments ago as it was pure spam). We have advertising to sell if that's your objective.

That post two posts above this one now reads as being posted by "Anonymous" because the spammer's account has been deleted and the IP address permanently banned. In fact, the recent spate of "me too" posts piqued my curiousity, bolstered by the fact that they were posted by a number of people who suddenly all had the same second-rate snowboarding website appearing in one form or another in their signature.

Checking IP addresses revealed that the following recent posters were all the same person:

maxxy
lakehouse
squall
extreme_me
jillian636

and he/she was simply using the Liftlines Forums to promote their own website.

Such behavior won't be tolerated, and all posts other than the one above have been deleted.

CO_knuckle_dragger":2eimwmy7 said:
I usually try to wax my boards every 10 days or so of use and get the edges re-tuned about every 20 days of use.

You don't live in the east, then. The abrasive man-made base typical here dries out my skis after a couple of days. Edges - same thing. I have to give mine at least a light pass with a diamond stone at least every couple of outings to really stick on the hard pan. Often more hard-core work with a file turns out to be required.

I live and ski mostly in New England. I always get my skis (Volkl SuperSport Allstars now) professionally tuned and waxed at the beginning of the season. Then, I use Swix F-4 wax (that comes in a small canister - you spread it on the bases with a small sponge, let it dry for a few minutes, and then buff it down with a cloth) about every two times that I ski. This wax definitely improves the gliding of the skis, but I don't think it lasts all that long on the bases because of the high friction of the skis running on the mostly man-made snow in New England. I also run a diamond stone down the edges about every two times that I ski to keep any burrs off the edges and to keep the edges reasonably sharp. This method seems to work reasonably well for a small amount of time and money.

berkshireskier":1r28fm2e said:
I live and ski mostly in New England. I always get my skis (Volkl SuperSport Allstars now) professionally tuned and waxed at the beginning of the season. Then, I use Swix F-4 wax (that comes in a small canister - you spread it on the bases with a small sponge, let it dry for a few minutes, and then buff it down with a cloth) about every two times that I ski. This wax definitely improves the gliding of the skis, but I don't think it lasts all that long on the bases because of the high friction of the skis running on the mostly man-made snow in New England. I also run a diamond stone down the edges about every two times that I ski to keep any burrs off the edges and to keep the edges reasonably sharp. This method seems to work reasonably well for a small amount of time and money.
That about sums it up for me. But I do get free tuneups at my local shop every few weeks and a super tune when needed.

Back