dynastar 8000

jasoncapecod

i can buy a pair for 350.00 that are lightly used. they are 178cm. i am 5.9"... are these skis to big? i currently ski 6star 168's..

I hope they have bindings for that price. You can still find older models brand new and flat for that price. Here is a 172 if you were considering going smaller just as an example:
http://www.sportsliquidator.com/item.asp?id=2637

I am 6'1" and 210#s and swear by 8000s in a 178cm. At 5'9" you probably could go either way depending upon preferences, ability, desired use, and weight. If anything I would wonder if those 6s were just a tad small but that is the problem with ski sizing... often times you need an intermediate between the available sizes that is not offered.

They are a rocking ski but wikked different feel from the 6*. I switched from a volkl P50 to a Dyna8000 and loved it. But I switched styles from railing groomers and muscling everything to finessing natural snow. If you are going for the ideal three ski quiver, a 6* and an 8000 would be my top choices for groomer and everyday ski. Just need a pow board and your line up would be complete :D

River,
That price includes bindings...
If you are going for the ideal three ski quiver, a 6* and an 8000 would be my top choices for groomer and everyday ski
That's what i'm thinking. The 6star is great but.. if you are not on top of it all the time , it really bites back...

Back