Killington, VT 11/18/99

GregB

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/18/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>After reading all of the postings on Sugarbush, I guess I should have stayed on 89 and headed to Castlerock but I had no clue they were opening up yesterday. Anyway, I got to Killington around 9:00 and was up at the top of the K1 by 9:30. Great Northern to the Glades area was groomed packed powder. All of the trails in the Glades area were groomed except for West Glade but most of the snow was blown away at the top. Many rocks! My skies need a date with Mr. P-tex. Snowden was the place to be. The upper sections of Chute, Bunny Buster, and Mouse Trap were all natural powder. Chute was half groomed on the skiers left and the double fall line on the right was all cut up chowder. They left Upper Bunny Buster un-groomed and there were some fresh tracks to be had. The best line was under the Upper Snowder Poma line. There was about a three foot drift in there. I poached Bear Claw in the morning which had a good two feet of powder on it. They took the rope down in the afternoon and it got pretty chewed up. I've never skied on one to two feet of powder on a dirt/rock base before. It wasn't bottomless but it was sweet to ski powder this early in the season. By 3:00 my legs just wouldn't cooperate anymore. All of the snowmaking/groomed trails were in very good shape. I didn't hit a single patch of ice or hardpack all day. Lets hope it lasts!

Back