Whistler/Blackcomb, BC 3/27/00

skierpeter

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 3/28/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>The first day of my trip to Whistler / Blackcomb was a great one. I skied the Whistler Mountain today through a great snow storm. In the valley it was of course raining, however, three fourths of the mountain was getting snow. The temperatures were around -5 (23F). At some points the snow was thick enough to bring visibility down to about 10 yards. My goggles would become covered in snow just from cruising. The wind didn't help much either gusting up around 20-30 kph. The "Jolly Green Giant" was the run of the day on Whistler. The "Franz's" was also great above midstation. Any trail in the alpine region of the mountain was great up until the point of so much snow it become very thick. The snow was a wet one, rather than powder. However, with new snow tomorrow should be a great one. It is predicted to snow tomorrow, be sunny on Wednesday, and a huge storm is expected for Thursday to bring snow from the Summit to the Valley. Thats all from Whistler for today.

Back