Michigan skiing help ...

skierpeter

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/7/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Looking for a Michigan skier who can help me out. I am wanting to know how Black Diamonds in Michigan compare to Colorado runs. I know they are easier but how would you rate them, hard blues or hard greens ect. Please let me know! <BR> <BR>-Peter Dewar, Anderson IN <BR>"Once a Canadian, Always a Canadian!"

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/9/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Hiya Peter, <BR> <BR>Hopefully you'll get a local response, but remember that you can't paint with such a broad brush. "Blacks in Colorado" will vary widely, too. Look at Keystone and A-Basin, just down the road from each other, for example. An expert run at Silver Creek or Buttermilk/Tiehack (or whatever they're calling it these days) won't compare to an expert run at Berthoud Pass or Aspen Mountain - even though each is just down the road from the other, respectively. Trail ratings are relative to those at that area only. <BR> <BR>That said, I suspect that what you'll find in Michigan will be a far cry from that in Colorado, on average. Many things compute into the difficulty of a trail besides pitch - whether or not it's groomed, snow surface, width, length, direction of the fall line, natural obstacles, etc. <BR> <BR>Any local responses out there?!

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This message was originally posted on 1/10/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Thanks Marc for the advise. Hopefully I will get a local respose. <BR> <BR>I am aware of the fact that ratings vary according to the resort / mountain not the region, but I also realize that the East is not even close to rating the hills like the West. I'm sure you are as well, thats why I am curious as to the difference. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your response, the forms are finally srarting to pick up! Hopefully they will stay this way. <BR>-Peter Dewar, Anderson IN <BR>"Once a Canadian, Always a Canadian!"

Back