Bootfitting

Skizix

OK. . .new thread. I've been fitted at Green Mountain Ortho Labs for ski boots. GH was able to get me into a pair of boots that fit great. (He had a slight look of shock when he saw the width of my feet (110mm), and I'm 164cm tall. In my own words I am [sigh] a bootfitter's nighmare.) <BR> <BR>For anyone considering new boots- get footbeds first. I'll repeat that again. Get footbeds first. I have a slight balance issue with my right leg and can tell by just standing in my boots how much of a difference the footbeds make in my "stance". I consider beds to be an essential piece of ski equipment. <BR> <BR>I've been following the "advice" I've found at Web sites such as First Tracks, Peter Keelty, and Harold Harb's PMTS site. They are unanimous about footbeds and correct alignment so it made sense to me to find a truly good pro shop. It's a 2 hour drive for me to get to GMOL, but is well worth the trip, and besides Stratton is right there so when the snow is on the mountain... <BR> <BR>IMHO I've found the best way to go is a good ski shop that will take an interest in you, how you ski and how you want to ski in the future to help you pick your equipment. I've read so many different reviews about so many different skis I think I've fried some brain cells. Now that I've got a base idea of what I think I need...the rest I can leave to the pros at the shop. . .

I agree about the footbeds. Another plus is having a podiatrist that also does bootfitting/footbeds. I found this out when my chiropractor sent me to the podiatrist to get orthotics. She's done a super job, both on my original issues and on my ski boots. <BR>If your in Vermont, e-mail me and i'll send you her name.

Back