K2 Mod X Pro vs Salomon X-Scream Series

Kano

Thinking of picking up one of the above mentioned rides for next season. Any comments on these two skies.

I'm riding the MXP. Its pretty stiff but I'm a big guy who needs it. It skies like a shaped MSL if you were a fan of those from K2. I like the MXP better than the X-15s I was on before as those were too easy for me to overpower in heavy/wet snow. Unless your also heavy (200 pounds plus) you might want to look at the Mod-X regular instead of the pro.

I tried the mod x pro-pretty stiff,the x-screams didnt do much for me-not good on hard snow.I did like the Atomic 9.22s fast and turn on a dime any condition,then I spent a day on the 10.20-what an awesome ski-really really fast and stable-but as always-demo some different pairs b4 you buy and dont rely and anybodyelse's opnion-only your counts!

Did a demo day and compared the XScream and the Volkl P40 Platinum Energy against my Mod-X Pros. <BR>X-Scream washed out a lot when the snow got hard/icy. Too soft for me. The P40 was nicer for that day, but I'd like to see how it handles soft stuff. It seemed like the better ski of the two, so you might want to demo the P40 also b4 deciding. Choices choices... good runs - TomK

Back