Warren Miller's PLAYGROUND Tickets on Sale!

mikesathome

To me, the Warren Miller each year is my official start to the ski season, and REI has the TIX a little cheaper then walking up to the window at the show. Also you wont have to wait in a cold long line for TIX the day of the show, I know how you skiers/boarders hate the cold ;-)

Also the movie is showing in Ann Arbor on 11-10-2007 (you can NOT get the TIX at REI for the Ann Arbor show)

Warren Miller's PLAYGROUND Tickets on Sale!
11/7/2007 10:00 AM

Come in to REI Northville or REI Troy for your tickets to Warren Miller's PLAYGROUND.

Tickets go on sale beginning November 7, 2007 for $20 each.

Royal Oak Music Theater
Friday, December 7, 2007, at 6:30 and 9:30 PM
Saturday, December 8, 2007, at 6 and 9 PM

PLAYGROUND features a rare and insightful segment on ski racing king and perceived industry bad boy, Bode Miller; a trip to Alaska's untouched Chugach Range with X-Games Gold Medalists, and brothers, Zach and Reggie Crist; unbelievalby deep powder in Utah and British Columbia; astonishing aerial acrobatics from Sweden, and so much more. PLAYGROUND also highlights the future of snowboarding in a segment featuring the youth-infused Burton Smalls Team in which these young prodigies teach us that size truly isn't everything.
Cost: $20
Registration Required? Yes. Customer Service

http://www.skinet.com/skinet/warrenmill ... 3,,00.html

I saw it last week in SLC. It felt disjointed this year -- I was somewhat disappointed.

Admin":9gc7v7x6 said:
I saw it last week in SLC. It felt disjointed this year -- I was somewhat disappointed.

I was really surprised last year, Off the Grid was really good. :shock: Are you telling me that was one time wonder or accident? :roll: :(

The new Warren Miller is playing at the NAC in Ottawa on November 27th, Morgane was asking about it a few weeks ago. :p

mikesathome":2dru1bz2 said:
Thats to bad. They have went down hill a little as Miller's narrations are few and far between. I did meet Jamie Pierre at last years show, cool guy.

Ditto for Julian Carr, with whom I got to chat for a while at this year's pre-show cocktail party. Considering what he does he's a pretty grounded guy.

Well, I'm disappointed to hear that it was disjointed. I bought my tickets to see it in Boulder next week. I got the opportunity to ski with Jenn Berg from Off the Grid last winter and had a lot of fun with her.

Add another negative comment on the latest Warren Miller flick. :x My daughter also didn't like as much as last year (I didn't mention anything).

I ended up going because my daughter was asking about it since September. The last few times I went, the Ottawa show had at least 2-for-1 offers for Tremblant (and Fortune/Ste-Marie), however the only offer left was the 2-for-1 for Fortune/Ste-Marie.

HOWEVER THIS WASN'T NECESSARILY THE CASE. The Fortune/Ste-Marie booth didn't have any 2-for-1 left and processed in talking about the time when they do offer two-for-one during the year. WTF??? :x Ended up taking a 2-for-1 at the Edelweiss booth, but still....I'm was pissed. $56CDN (daughter paid cheaper price) for two was WAY TOO MUCH for this movie.

The attendance seemed lower than previous years, but I'm sure some people decided not to bother going without the usual Tremblant special 2-for-1.

SHOW DATE & TIME:
Tuesday, Nov 27 - 8:00pm
THEATRE:
National Arts Centre
SPECIAL OFFER for every ticket purchase
· CAMP FORTUNE/MONT STE MARIE - Free 2-for-1 lift ticket voucher*
*Some restrictions apply.

Back