• Nub's Nob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schuss Mtn. / Shanty Creek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caberfae Peaks

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

irishskier

What is your favorite lower Michigan ski resort? Feel free to make any second place or honorable mention comments . . .

With all the great places to ski in the state, I kept it to area with 400+ vert.

I have to go with Nubs for "overall" skiing.

Nubs takes a lot of pride in grooming/snow making/Terrain Parks.

A close 2'nd is Boyne and Boyne Highlands.

You left Crystal Mtn off the list, though I personally don't think they are the best, but haven't been there in about 10 years so that isn't a fair assesment. I do however think they are better than Shanty Creek and Caberfae.

If price does not factor into this i think i'm going to have to say Nubs as well. I know they lack some of the extra ammenities that the Boynes have but that isn't what I go for. I go for the skiing.

For the best bang for the buck, i would go with Caberfae.

I must have goofed setting up the poll, I swore I put it in. Certainly did not mean to short them.

Agreed, Caberfae is a great deal and a bit closer. The only negative I have there is all the trail criss-crossing . . .

Yeah, it would be nice to have a few more people from the Midwest to post some TR's and share info. There's gotta be a few lurkers out there who want to chime in.

I don't know what my favorite hill is in Michigan. However, the place we have the most fun is Caberfae. Caberfae is a skiers hill. No spa, no twinkling lights, no fancy resturants, etc. But, the topography of the hills is interesting and varies within each run. And, the drive is very resonable for us. Also, it is a weekenders and locals type of location....when we show up, it kind of reminds me of Cheers :D Where everybody knows your name. We ski other places every year, but Caberfae is our "home" mountain. Or, should I say home hill?

Annmarief":wehx31qf said:
I don't know what my favorite hill is in Michigan. However, the place we have the most fun is Caberfae. Caberfae is a skiers hill. No spa, no twinkling lights, no fancy resturants, etc. But, the topography of the hills is interesting and varies within each run. And, the drive is very resonable for us. Also, it is a weekenders and locals type of location....when we show up, it kind of reminds me of Cheers :D Where everybody knows your name. We ski other places every year, but Caberfae is our "home" mountain. Or, should I say home hill?

I agree, really good vibe there. My overall fave in Michigan.
Best pricing and natural snow.
And Arlo makes a mean Bloody Mary :twisted:

Nubs has the best runs
Crystal had the best pipe last year
Schuss was my fave terrain park last year
Boyne Mt Carnival is the best party

Where is the option for "no vote" :D

We were scoping a few lines in A2 this weekend during a mtn bike ride. We found two good slopes that will actually make pretty decent tree runs, if we get enough snow… 150-200 vert, consistent 30deg (+/- 5 deg) slopes, thin underbrush, and good tree spacing. If it snows enough, I’ll post a TR.

Back