Boy caught in a snow-grooming machine at the Mt. Brighton

Good news

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - That 12-year-old Canadian boy who got caught in a snow-grooming machine at the Mount Brighton Ski Area is reportedly showing some improvement.

Two Canadian radio stations report that Austin Miles is able to wiggle his toes -- after being listed in critical condition at the University of Michigan Medical Center.

Austin is from Amherstburg, Ontario, about 10 miles south of downtown Detroit. He became entangled in the machine yesterday and it took emergency personnel more than an hour to free him.

Austin was at the ski area with his mother and step-father as part of a school trip.

irishskier":1pqkm76k said:
Good to hear after the death of the Michigan Tech student at Mont Ripley Friday.

My daily Google news search missed that one for some reason.
Another one hit a tree, man that sure is sad, 18years old.

Maybe it is just me, but it sure seams like a lot of people have died this winter hitting trees in the Midwest.
That is one reason I like to pass along the news, no matter where you ski, the risk is still there, play it safe..

I heard about the Michgan Tech Student while on the lift Sunday @ Nubs. What a shame. Helmets help, but good judgement and awareness of what goes on aroudn you are critical.

Have fun and SKI SAFE!

Back