Pine Knob 3-22-2008

mikesathome

3" of new wet snow on the hill, light winds and sunshine made for ideal spring skiing (along with the $25 lift ticket price)
The entire area was open, and was fairly busy for this late in the season.

The one compliant was they only were running 3 lifts.

They still could open back up this weekend, but I would not bet on it, as warmer temps and rain are forecasted mid week.

You might need to head north for any Michigan skiing this weekend.

Last weekend for Boyne Highlands . . . they close 3/30. Nub's and Boyne Mountain probably will close on 4/6.

I know Bittersweet in southwest Michigan is still open . . . still a few more weeks to get some turns in!

irishskier":34rb03f7 said:
Last weekend for Boyne Highlands . . . they close 3/30. Nub's and Boyne Mountain probably will close on 4/6.

I know Bittersweet in southwest Michigan is still open . . . still a few more weeks to get some turns in!

Do you ski bittersweet much?
There are 3 areas over there I would like to add to my list.

Have not skied it this year, but have skied it a lot in the past. It has a HSQ and a couple of steeps. Hope they are running the lift for Hawthorne and Sumac . . . they do take very good care of the snow.

I assume the other 2 are Timber Ridge and Swiss Valley. Timber Ridge is a quaint older area, relatively flat. Swiss Valley is just as its name states, a valley.

irishskier":aqfy0gpi said:
Have not skied it this year, but have skied it a lot in the past. It has a HSQ and a couple of steeps. Hope they are running the lift for Hawthorne and Sumac . . . they do take very good care of the snow.

I assume the other 2 are Timber Ridge and Swiss Valley. Timber Ridge is a quaint older area, relatively flat. Swiss Valley is just as its name states, a valley.

Wow a HSQ at that small of an area is pretty cool.
Yes the other 2 are Timber Ridge and Swiss Valley I like to try all 3 of them next season.
I think I am heading up to nubs for Saturday :lol:

Back