Chilean Adventure (the novel- Part 3) Aug/Sep 07

Patrick

September 5: ski hard, party harder later, much later!!!

The long drive ahead...

We needed to get back our gear from the Hostal and drive 800km. Once we left Las Trancas at about 4pm, we made only two stops along the way: a grocery store in Chllean and restaurant on the side of the Trans American Highway in order to get something to eat in the car, I guess you can call it supper. :roll: It’s amazing that a tiny retaurant in the middle of nowhere has wireless internet. Everything went according to plan, except getting lost as we passed Santiago. :roll: We heard the road up to Portillo was crazy. I personally found the Valle Nevado much crazier, however people drive much faster including traitor-traillers. The highway is an international connection between Chile and Argentina, regardless of the steepness and the dangerous curves.

We get in Portillo at 12:30am and parked our go-kart next to a Porsche close to the hotel entrance. We find out that tonight’s is the Portillo staff party. Once we’re checked in, we move our stuff in the tiny room in the Inca Lodge. As we walk in, there are a bunch of girls that tell us to be "Quiet." :shock: :-$ Trying to sleep around midnight at the Inca, what are they thinking? :roll: Anyway, we head in to the party. Party in Chile really get started at 1am. Portillo is very different experience and vibe. I'm the first to stubble in my room pass 4am. I’m suppose to meet Tony, yes "the" Tony, in a few hours, around 10:30. Are we here to ski or party? Did I mentioned earlier in this TR that I’m too old for this. :? :oops:

leaving_chil-in.jpg

on_the_road.jpg

midnight-portillo.jpg

On Snap!

Damn I like this and part 2, and part 1.

ESCUDO!!! Hell glad "the" portillo showed you a good party. Seems like its good for that (and skiing too). Looks like a good time.

More power to you for getting after it this summer as well.

porter

salida":3ggdm9xi said:
ESCUDO!!! Hell glad "the" portillo showed you a good party.
Escudo, Crystal, Pisco Sour, Wine in a box than Andy bought in that grocery store in Chillan. #-o :-&

Back