Embedding video from our SkiTube service

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Note: As of Nov. 25, 2008 the information contained in this thread is no longer current or valid. For proper instructions to embed video, see http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7220.

We got it working!! \:D/

You can now upload your own video to our free SkiTube service, then quickly and easily embed the video in a Liftlines post simply by using the "video" BB code with the button available in each posting window.

To do so, visit SkiTube either from our site's main Table of Contents or via the direct link:
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/index. ... lay&pid=75

SkiTube allows you to upload any video up to 100 MB in size in 3GP, AVI, DV, H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, Quicktime or WMV formats. (Note that technology has been deployed to reject video containing copyright-protected content.) The service will automatically transcode the movie to Flash Video for display within our service -- you need do nothing to convert it yourself.

After uploading your video, and receiving the email confirmation that the upload was successful, launch the SkiTube Player, click on your uploaded video and click on "Get Link", then "Copy Link":

SkiTube Screenshot.jpg

Then just use the "video" BBCode button to create video tags that you simply paste the link into:

SkiTube posting screenshot.jpg

You'll end up with something that looks like this:

[video]http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1287024889/bclid1301088717/bctid1466826167[/video]

Pretty cool, huh? 8) So simple!

Let's make use of this great new feature to get your ski and snowboard videos online to share!

(Note that technology has been deployed to reject video containing copyright-protected content.)

I assume you have special rights for uploading (as your vids have what would seem to me to be copy protected audio)? I abhor youtube quality, but I can get the vids uploaded (they have a system where the audio owner gets a piece of any ad revenue - so called "monetize it" option).

Much/most raw skiing footage is far better when put to tunes IMHO (especially the stuff I seem to take :lol: ) Then there are options out there like ASCAP, but they want minimum ~$300 annual license fees to use audio that gets posted to the web - even under low usage circumstances. I actually wouldn't mind paying $5 or maybe even $10 for my low usage, but $300? Now that's what RIAA will do for you - greedy as all get out ](*,) .

So no easy solutions for me. I'd much prefer the higher vid quality, but just won't put up raw (usually very poor) audio with it... Any suggestions (AKA I want my cake and eat it too).

No, I have no backdoor either. About my only suggestion is to use small indie acts who release rights-free audio.

I'm not surprised. Most video hosting services are blocked by many employers due to the bandwidth they drain.

However, Mr. Contract Employee, doesn't that just mean that you stroll in your brighty whities to the next bedroom over to glance at it on your personal PC?

Damn it... is there a SnowTube service if you don't ski that much and want to share snowboard videos?
:mrgreen:

Seriously good stuff! Impressive!

Back