While we realize that this may be inconvenient to some, this alleviates some security concerns highlighted by last night's hacking and subsequent service outage. It also alleviates some off-topic messages posted regularly by automated bots that scan the Internet for phpBB installations that still allow guest posting. You may not have seen them, for we delete them immediately upon notification of their presence, but suffice it to say that it happens with enough regularity that requiring registration to post unburdens us from this task.
Rest assured that your email address will never be used for any commercial purpose -- it's a principle that we've strictly adhered to since our inception a decade ago. Besides posting privileges, registration brings with it a host of other benefits, including:
- Access to our Chat Room to discuss skiing and riding in real time
- An option to view only new posts since your last visit
- Send and receive private messages to and from other users
- Hide your email address from spam bots
- Receive email notification of posts to your favorite topics
- See topics you've started
- Customize the boards to display your home time zone
- Use your own custom avatar
- Display your home country's flag with your name
- Display your profile to other users, but only share what you want to
- Much, much more!
We hope that those of you who have enjoyed participating in Liftlines as our guests will now take the time to register. Thank you for your understanding.