Question about Dynastar

JimG.

I've been skiing the Dynastar Concept 178 for the past 2 seasons and I absolutely love them. This is basically the same ski as the Dynastar Candide, just different graphics. Mine are getting to rock ski status and I'd love to get another pair, whatever the graphics. These skis were tough to come by even when they were current, but I'm having a fit trying to find another pair through my regular channels. Other than online auctions, any insights about where I might find a new pair?

Did you try Fred's Freeride on the Killington Access Road? They specialize in some obscure park and bump skis.

Marc, did you add the links at the bottom of the message for the Dynastar skis? I took a look at the E-bay link and behold, a pair of 180cm Candides for a great price. My search may have just ended :D :D :D .

JimG.":3qkzyr1z said:
Marc, did you add the links at the bottom of the message for the Dynastar skis? I took a look at the E-bay link and behold, a pair of 180cm Candides for a great price. My search may have just ended :D :D :D .

I didn't add it, Google did. Welcome to the world of targeted Internet advertising.

Actually, our participation in Google's program is a relatively recent addition to FTO. In the program, Google's robot scans the web page on which the ads appear to determine what the page is about. It then is supposed to insert ads that are relevant to the content of the page. It seems to work about 95% of the time, which IMO is a pretty decent average. In this case it apparently picked up on "Dynastar Candide" and served an ad that was relevant to you. Glad to hear that it worked out!

So my bid on the Candides has been placed; so far I'm the only bidder and if I get them for the current price I'm going to be thrilled. This site was already a favorite, but if it turns out I score these new boards because of the lead I got here I might have to hug somebody!

When's the auction over? Just be prepared to enter a bid with about 10 seconds to go, to prevent someone from doing the same to you.

Admin":mg45glnr said:
When's the auction over? Just be prepared to enter a bid with about 10 seconds to go, to prevent someone from doing the same to you.

Jim G.

Put in a maximum bid (in the maximum bid option) with 10 seconds to go, in case someone try to outbid you at the last second.

You only get to pay above the next highest bidder or not necessarly your highest bid.

Got them for the opening asking price of $149-; I turned out to be the only bidder. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

JimG.":1ddf7x5q said:
Got them for the opening asking price of $149-; I turned out to be the only bidder. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Wow, that's some deal! Nice job. Thrilled to hear that it worked out.

Admin":2jjeuj34 said:
Wow, that's some deal! Nice job. Thrilled to hear that it worked out.

It pays to prefer offbeat stuff others don't care for...I'm just really tuned into these particular boards.

Back