line chronics

aaron12345

I'm an advanced skier. I can pretty much carve everything, and handle most slopes on the east. Well after a season of using K2 Escape 5500s (they were $80 with bindings on ebay, I don't really feel bad about only getting one season out of them). I'm thinking about getting line chronics. The dimensions on them are 110/80/103mm. On the website it says there pretty much all mountain twin tips, blahh blahh blaahh. I ski about half mountain, half park. The one thing that concerncs me is the performance I'll get on the ice and hardpack that you generally get in the east with this wide of a sidecut. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I'll state right up front that I have not ridden that ski. What I can say however is that I have ridden a couple of other line products like the 1080. If you are very into park/pipe they would be a lot of fun. The problem that I have encountered is that they are WAY too soft for someone who likes to carve. I am 6'1" and 205lbs and LOVE to carve. By weight and stance I can firmly bend a Rossi 9S World Cup. That being said it felt like the LINE products I have tried were folding up like a taco under my feet. If you don't weigh much or dont carve too hard they could be a lot of fun but if you are into running some serious railroad tracks down steep terrain I would highly suggest that you demo them before you buy them.

I did end up getting the line chronics and they look really cool. Around here there isn't much else to do but park anyways so I probably spend 90% of my time when skiing in the mid atlantic in park. When I get to a real mountain like when I go to canada or something then I'm like 70% mountain 30% park. But then again outta the 25 days a year I ski, those are maybe 5 o them. Anyways, since there brand new will I need to get em tuned up and waxed next year or do they come with wax and edges sharpened. This is my first pair of new skis, my others have been used.

they'll have a factory tune. However, use an impregnation wax - usually a hard x-c wax - then add a layer of the wax du jour.

Back