Ski Mad World's thread

Patrick

Well some of you are already aware, I decided to concentrate my skiing world into one place. I have ski friends that read the various forums, some ski friends that don't read the forums and some friends that don't ski, but always curious about my skiing, so after a few years I decided to start a blog. A place where all my ski TRs and other ski related stuff would be concentrated. It's going to years, but like you've seen with my TRs, I'm in no rush.

I started writing on the internet about skiing started over 20 years ago on the rec.skiing newsgroup days to restart writing on skiing on FTO. Frank's got me to write on Zoneski when it started...I've spent a lesser amount of time writing on TGR, Epic, Snowjournal, Skipass, etc.

PS. There is no way I'll stop participating in FTO and I'll continue to post link of my TR here, except the FTO version will rarely included the pictures (not that it's any different than before).

Here are the post from the last two weeks.

It’s Fall: Ski Movies time!

Friday Night Video on SMW

New and old magazines

M.S.S.I.: November 21, 2010

I've added a few posts in Ski Mad World since the last I've updated this thread. I still need to find the time to export a bunch of TR that I've posted here on FTO, especially the ones involving pictures.

35 years ago today: The birth of the Crazy Canucks

Friday Night Video: The Crazy Canucks

And tonight's post:

Friday Night Video: Hot Dog… The Movie

Need to post my last TR too, my pics from SA and California, TRs for our last two Spring Breaks + finishing my Chilean Adventure Part 3 from back in 2007. I would like to spend more time on this, but I've been real busy of late. I'm almost done my finishing touches of what will be my oldest TR ever. If you thought that over 3 years long was a long time after, wait until I post Beaver Lake, circa 1968. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Since my last update on this thread FTO, I've posted a seven more posts in Ski Mad World. Unfortunately I didn't get to finished some of the things I've been working in the background. Holidays are always a busy time of year.

4 posts are TRs already posted in FTO (East). Today post is in French and is in response to piece published on Orford.

Edelweiss QC: Nothing but Easyweiss – 12.12.10

Edelweiss QC – December 18, 2010 – Do it for the kids!!!

Beaver Lake – circa 1968

Friday Night Video: Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noel from the Great White North

Friday Night Video: Shane McConkey

Holidays Skiweek at Edelweiss QC: December 27-30, 2010

La saga du Mont Orford (in French)

I salute Patrick sacrificing this season to Morgane's long term ski career. But for putting detail blogs on MadPatSkiWorld I think there would be a lot more interest in South America, spring breaks, etc. than the weekly monotony of Edelweiss.

Tony Crocker":1vsvj4pe said:
I salute Patrick sacrificing this season to Morgane's long term ski career. But for putting detail blogs on MadPatSkiWorld I think there would be a lot more interest in South America, spring breaks, etc. than the weekly monotony of Edelweiss.

Even before Tony was typing this, I was working on compiling the pics and words of my latest SA adventure. No I wasn't busy working as a consultant for MRA :rotfl: ... I was trying to use the post 4,000 on FTO (the actual would be 4,018 due to difference in the alias) to post it here, however I've had a few challenges in the last few weeks in term of logistics and time. The fact that I skied 8 out of 9 days (today was my first day off skis since last Monday) which included 5 races, 2 nights, 2 training outings, work as an official at one of the races, one ski day in Vermont and a trip to Montreal to deal with some business. Oh yeah, and I'm not retired too. :-o

So here it is..post 4,000. A reply to Tony. :popcorn: Well, I've noticed a the few arrows he's throw me in the last two weeks including that jab on Ottawa vs Florida. ](*,) Good if you don't like snow and winter, terrible if you love skiing. :troll:

I will eventually post everything up on Ski Mad World (with links over here), including never published stuff but ski season is a busy time. There are some stuff on the background now that aren't even TR related, but I need some time to clean it up.

Anyhow, this is what I posted since my last update here.

Edelweiss QC – January 8-9, 2011

Friday Night Video: Der Weisse Rausch

Cascades QC : Tackling the Obstacles – Wednite Jan 12, 2011

Québec et les Jeux Olympiques(en français)

Friday Night Video: the Fabulous Wurtele Twins

Edelweiss QC : Cold Pow Kids – January 15-16, 2011

Edelweiss QC – Master Slalom night on January 19, 2011

Friday Night Video: Crazy Canucks at Kitzbuhel: Great Victories and Injuries

Camp Fortune QC – Saturday Jan 22, 11

If you look at my Ski Days page, you see that I'm currently running about one week late in posting TRs. As for reposting old TRs, I've posted a few with the original date in which it was posted on FTO or elsewhere. For example, I posted this Epic Day storm at Whiteface TR which was posted on FTO original (minus the attachments) for Harvey Epic Days in NY posts.

About logistics, I would appreciate comments/advise/opinions on watermarking pictures. Also on where to host them (I'm having a few issues (format/shape) when I used pics from a another site (ie. Facebook, etc) That is one of the show stopper I'm need to resolves before posting TRs with good pictures.

Back