Helmets

rfarren

I'm looking for a new helmet, mine is 10 years old and my ears get cold. Requirements:
1. It should be a good helmet, i.e. not suck
2. It should be warm
3. Perhaps it should have a visor to keep snow from landing on the top of my goggles, but my goggles have to fit. I have Oakley's for flat light, and zebra photochromatics for everything else.

Everything else like bluetooth is fine, but I don't really feel like paying a lot for bells and whistles.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what to get and the cheapest place to get it?

I would normally recommend www.sierratradingpost.com, which is where I buy many of my ski related items (and where I bought my helmet), but it looks like they are low on inventory now. You could also try reliableracing.com. Of course, with helmets, it is always good to be able to try them on to make sure the fit is correct, which may mean looking at some local ski shops. I have found that the sizing can vary from company to company.

I ended up buying a smith one at paragon after trying a bunch on. I like the brim it had. It also had a blue tooth option if I want to add it later.

Back