Kongsberg, Norway, Feb 2011

That's some detailed record keeping on every expense, Q.

I guess I am confused on the flights. You flew to Stavanger first? then to Oslo? I'd think it would be much easier (and cheaper) to just fly to Oslo?

And good on you to actually ski in Europe for the first time in a decade! lol...

I have heard that Norway is really expensive. Nonetheless nearly a whole week there and only 2 hours of skiing. I realize it was a business trip but why not stay the weekend to see what more skiing there is?

EMSC":3t36iifz said:
That's some detailed record keeping on every expense, Q.

I guess I am confused on the flights. You flew to Stavanger first? then to Oslo? I'd think it would be much easier (and cheaper) to just fly to Oslo?

There are no direct flights from Aberdeen to Oslo so it is a 50 min and 40 minute flight and cost remember in this case is what my company paid, not what you or I would pay. Instead of £600+ I would pay £200-£300 maximum if booking myself. When you claim every expense you have to be detailed haha.

Tony Crocker":3t36iifz said:
I have heard that Norway is really expensive. Nonetheless nearly a whole week there and only 2 hours of skiing. I realize it was a business trip but why not stay the weekend to see what more skiing there is?

Tony, I was there on business, so time only allowed along with other factors for the one night. A 2 minute taxi ride costs ~£15, meals are expensive, bags of crisps(chips) cost ~£4, beer around £10 on average. Wine, could not even contemplate looking.

As already discussed I simply do not have the funds to do all the things I'd like to.

Back