Return to our Home Page Latest Ski News - Resorts, Events, Equipment, World Cup and more Latest Snow Conditions from Around the World Ski Resort Feature Articles Ski and Snowboard Equipment Feature Articles Our Liftlines user forums A Ski Resort Map Covering All of North America User Downloads Search Our Site Free Ski News Subscriptions via RSS Our huge database of other ski and snowboard websites around the world Contact Us

OSAMA is Dead

Topics of a general nature regarding snowsports, which don't easily fit into one of our other Liftlines categories. This is also the place to post Letters to the Editor.

OSAMA is Dead

Postby longshanks » Sun May 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Osama is Dead...Obama says so...only took 10 years to find him and flush him out. Maybe he got restless and went out for a pizza and some beers, or maybe somebody dropped a dime on him. Will the next Bad Guy please step up and assume the position of America's most wanted...
I wonder if OBL was a Skier or Boarder in his spare time?
longshanks

Re: OSAMA is Dead

Postby Donald_Trump » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I want to see his death certificate!!! :-"
Donald_Trump

Postby soulskier » Sat May 07, 2011 6:19 pm

I'd love to convert the Taliban into the Teleban.
http://www.MountainRidersAlliance.com
soulskier

Postby jamesdeluxe » Sun May 08, 2011 4:27 am

We're still waiting for the FTO right-wing contingent to publicly eat a meal of well-cooked crow on this one.
jamesdeluxe

Postby Admin » Sun May 08, 2011 5:54 am

jamesdeluxe wrote:We're still waiting for the FTO right-wing contingent to publicly eat a meal of well-cooked crow on this one.

Ummmmm...what for exactly? I'm waiting for the FTO left-wing contingent to publicly eat a meal of well-cooked crow over the subject of coerced interrogations.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tony Crocker » Sun May 08, 2011 2:58 pm

OK, I'll bite. :troll:

We will never know whether and how much the "coerced interrogations" contributed to finding Osama. My gut reaction is that it was probably worth doing to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. However I believe that decision should be made explicitly at the presidential level and should have been applied to a mere handful of unquestionably complicit top level people like KSM. The Bush 2 administration made it a matter of routine policy, leading to travesties like Abu Ghraib and thus inflicted grave political damage upon the reputation of the U.S. as a result. That damage leads to lack of cooperation from countries/sources that might have helped us and allows Islamic militants to argue, "They are no different from us" and perhaps to recruit more effectively.

In WWII we did a good job of retaining the moral high ground vs. Germany and Japan. I've read that the British developed subtle psychological interrogation techniques that were very effective in gaining valuable info from German prisoners, probably more effective than the crude methods used by the Nazis.

The "War on Terror" has military and diplomatic components and both are crucial. The Bush 2 administration thought only the former was needed, while Jimmy Carter is the perfect example of the opposite view. We need to have a foreign policy that can walk and chew gum at the same time. The events of the past week are a good sign that Obama is not the reincarnation of Carter.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,318K in 2010-11
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Postby Staley » Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I think there's been some proof that torture gets you answers, but not correct ones. Plus, it takes away our moral high ground, so why do it? There must be better methods of interrogation.
Staley

Postby jamesdeluxe » Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 am

I agree with Tony's comment.

Another thing I'd worry about is whether using "enhanced interrogation techniques" (LOL, I think I heard Cheney use that expression recently) leads to our people getting tuned up in a similar fashion when they're captured by unfriendlies.
jamesdeluxe

Postby Admin » Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 am

They don't waterboard, they behead.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Admin
Site Admin

Postby BigSpencer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:18 am

longshanks wrote:Osama is Dead...Obama says so...only took 10 years to find him and flush him out. Maybe he got restless and went out for a pizza and some beers, or maybe somebody dropped a dime on him. Will the next Bad Guy please step up and assume the position of America's most wanted...

Would it come as a surprise to many people on the far Right...if it were to be found that one of Karzei's(sp?) boys was his pizza delivery boy.... Everyone really involved was from Saudi Arabia and had a US passport...and every plane came from a US airport.

Still confused about what's really so special about Iraq and Afghanistan....they're almost as important as the war on drugs :-({|=
BigSpencer

Postby longshanks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 am

BigSpencer wrote:
longshanks wrote:Osama is Dead...Obama says so...only took 10 years to find him and flush him out. Maybe he got restless and went out for a pizza and some beers, or maybe somebody dropped a dime on him. Will the next Bad Guy please step up and assume the position of America's most wanted...

Would it come as a surprise to many people on the far Right...if it were to be found that one of Karzei's(sp?) boys was his pizza delivery boy.... Everyone really involved was from Saudi Arabia and had a US passport...and every plane came from a US airport.

Still confused about what's really so special about Iraq and Afghanistan....they're almost as important as the war on drugs :-({|=

The Invasion of those 2 Countries, like the events of 911 are just cogs in the wheel of American Imperialism
longshanks

Postby rfarren » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:20 pm

longshanks wrote:
BigSpencer wrote:

The Invasion of those 2 Countries, like the events of 911 are just cogs in the wheel of American Imperialism

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................
Rob
rfarren

Postby BigSpencer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:09 pm

....Agree...guys just gotta move their families away from the dictators, even though Washington's been supporting em'. Our biggest mistake and threat to the American public.
BigSpencer

Return to General Discussion