11-12 Trips, Who's got plans

q":cf0gbc0f said:
Well, I am locked in and ready to rock with even by my standards a longer trip than normal and I think the longest ever by a day but I may be wrong.

Friday 16th March - Fly Aberdeen(6.20am) to Missoula(7.20pm) staying in Missoula that evening I'd imagine.
Saturday 17th March - Up to Philipsburg to collect skis and boots, quick hello and up to Discovery to collect my season pass
Sunday 18th til Sunday 25th March - Likely skiing Discovery with a day or two on the road possible while staying with my friends
Monday 26th March - Drive north to Rossland - Likely skiing at Silver Mountain or Lookout Pass on the way
Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th March - Skiing at Red Mountain with Stuart McWilliam staying two nights in the Flying Steamshovel
Thursday 29th and Friday 30th March - Skiing at Schweitzer/Turner/Big Mountain staying Wed/Thurs in the Days Inn in Sandpoint and back to Pburg Friday evening
Saturday 31st to Wednesday 4th April - Discovery and staying with friends thru Wednesday night
Thursday 5th April - Drive south to Salt Lake City staying in the Motel 6 in Downtown
Friday 6th to Saturday 14th April - Skiing Utah(Including I hope Eagle Point) and drinking and eating with the guys I've met over the years
Sunday 15th April - Drive north to Philipsburg and another night with friends
Monday 16th April - Final day with Bill, Kathy and Kenny before heading to Missoula early evening
Tuesday 17th April - 8.30am flight out arriving Wednesday 18th April at 10.15am in Aberdeen

As we say here, ye cannae beat it!

Damn q, that's an awesome ski vacation. I'll try to make it over to Disco for a mid-week day while you are there. You, me and 10 other folks skiing the backside :-D.

10? That is a helleva big patrol out that day I assume coldsmoke!

soulskier, Philipsburg is my 2nd home, I love the place and have a lot of good friends there now. Absolutely superb mountain too.

Just locked in an SLC trip March 1 - 5. This season I'm hoping to plan [an] additional western trip, played bit more by ear. However, it is reassuring to have something on the calendar, especially since a January knee injury kept me out of the west last year.

I'm also hoping to make at least one spur-of-the moment expedition to Bohemia this season. Winter is pretty late around here this year, however, and I'm guessing that without a big pattern change soon, the U.P. may not see acceptable bass depths until relatively late in the season.

For the first time in years, it appears I am not likely to do any skiing in the Northern Greens this winter.

Back