Return to our Home Page Latest Ski News - Resorts, Events, Equipment, World Cup and more Latest Snow Conditions from Around the World Ski Resort Feature Articles Ski and Snowboard Equipment Feature Articles Our Liftlines user forums A Ski Resort Map Covering All of North America User Downloads Search Our Site Free Ski News Subscriptions via RSS Our huge database of other ski and snowboard websites around the world Contact Us

heated gloves

The Ski Rack is the discussion area for snowsports gear. See what your fellow readers think about the skis that you're thinking of buying, or get some feedback on the equipment that's right for you.

Re: heated gloves

Postby Tony Crocker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm sure flyover is vastly more qualified to advise people on this topic than I am.

I think the boot glove is an application of his layering principle. For proper bootfitting it's not possible to add extra layers inside. So the boot glove adds a layer outside plus provides a insulation barrier when boots are in/under the snow.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,318K in 2010-11
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Postby BryAn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:22 am

johnnash wrote:A few years ago, I bought a pair of Heat-X battery-operated ski gloves. I've had a number of issues with them over the years, and now one of the rechargeable batteries has died and is outrageously expensive to replace, so I won't be doing that. Even though these were never quite satisfactory, I would try another brand of heated glove if I could get a good recommendation from a user. Has anyone had a good experience?

Yeah, I think that has been an issue with battery operated ski gloves. I've got mine here http://www.oxfordgloves.co.uk hoping this might help.
BryAn

Postby johnnash » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks, Bryan. I looked at the Oxford Gloves website and the price is certainly right for their heated gloves, but they give absolutely no information about them other than that you get 4 hours per charge. And they're currently out of stock. How long have you had yours? Do you use them skiing, and have they performed well?
johnnash

Postby Nokanduis » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I have Reynaud's [circulation issues] and the best antidote for me has been a pair of RBH Designs vapor-barrier mittens and their vapor-barrier socks. They are made in W. Hartford CT and the craftsmanship was A-1. So nice to have warm hands again, will try the Boot Gloves again that Tony C. mentioned - already have a pair, they help, sometimes a tad inconvenient when one needs to unbuck.le. Vapor-barrier liners also have worked well for my sleeping bag in 0F snowcamps.

Stephenson's warmlite.com in NH makes v-b glove liners and v-b shirts that work great, RBHdesigns.com also make many v-b clothing items.

Now if someone can just make a pair of V-b booties for under my wetsuit so I don't have to walk on frozen feet over sharp rocks in 58F water.
Nokanduis

Previous

Return to Snowsports Equipment