Laurentian (Tremblant) Snow Report

Start of the HS , Primary school break in Quebec and didn't want the younger generation sitting at home playing call of duty all day so used up a vacation day to take them out on a Friday . A few inches of snow fell on Thursday ( March 1 ) setting up decent natural snow conditions this morning for first tracks . Freezing rain started around noon and continued all afternoon . It didn't affect the snow as it was light , however kept icing up the goggles . Could be a wild day tomorrow weather wise as snow , rain and ice in the forecast , will see what happens.

Attachments

• LN51.jpg
    LN51.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 5,688
  • LN54.jpg
    LN54.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 5,690
  • LN50.jpg
    LN50.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 5,682
After the week long heat wave that saw temperatures reach close to 80 F things have settled down to just above average temps in the 40'S with thick overcast blocking out the sun . Unfortunately , the damage is done as natural snow skiing is over , trail count on all list serviced hills still in operation is reported at 28 % . The 28 % is the collective total of all trails that had enough artificial snow to withstand the heatwave. I like to measure the season by how long It is possible to ski without artificial snow since most of my ski time is spent on natural snow trails . This year it was under 100 days and this is a stretch as in December made some turns on trails with more leaves than snow . So there you have it a season of about 12 weeks with a few good powder days , a far cry from my days as a kid in the Laurentians skiing early November to May on natural snow .

Back