WILDCAT NH APRIL 6 , 2012

Anthony

Down in NH as family wanted to go shopping and the idea of hanging around outlet malls all day was appealing as waiting for the Doctor so tossed my skis in the car and said drop me off at Wildcat . Arrived at Wildcat today at high noon just as the clouds broke up resulting in clear conditions with a good wind cranking out of the north . Temps at noon were in the low 40's at the base and low 30's at the summit . Skiiing was decent today as the sun softened things up just enough to hold a edge and I haven't sharpened the edges in 2 seasons so would have been better with tuned equipment. The last time I was at Wildcat was in the early 90's when they still had those multi coloured gondola cars so it has been a while . The high speed chair is just that very fast . Skied about 4 hours doing high speed cruising top to base in the sunshine , good day overall . Nice views of Mt. Washington . Will post some pics later .

Added some pics from last Friday ( April 6 ) , the most noticeable feature was how dry the valley landscape was and how low the water levels are for this time of year . No surprise that there is a grass / brush fire warning out as lots of sand and old leaves blowing around in the valley . Check out the water level in Saco River .

Attachments

• nh 6.jpg
    nh 6.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,811
  • Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4,808
  • nh5.jpg
    nh5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,808
On Friday ( April 6 ) they were reporting 15 trails open and 2 lifts turning. Basically there were 2 options from the summit. Your choice of 2 meandering trails , one on skiers right and one on skiers left and as you approached the bottom half you had a few more options to head back to the lift . So taking in trail sections about 15 trails open .

Back